Blog vs Journal

Beverly Hills, FL(Zone 8b)

What exactly are these used for? I use the blog for just writing down what I did in the garden and posting pictures (I wish I can post more than one, though). But, should I be using the journal for this. Does the journal have the capability of posting more than one picture at a time?

Which ones have you found helpful?

Mimi

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

This is my first year using either, but for now I'm only using the Journal - to track the seeds I'm sowing. It's extremely handy for this. You can also use it to track projects you have going on in your yard, I've got a couple of those going, but am really using it more for seeds and seedlings.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

The journal is most useful for tracking info on individual plants since it has blanks for genus, species, cultivar, etc. The blog is more general-purpose for keeping track of the garden as a whole. But you can really use them however works best for you.

Thank you both for the added information and quick respond!

Mimi

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

This is my first year using both of them too- and what I've been doing is finding plants I have in the Plant Files and then clicking "add this plant to my journal"...so easy! And that way, I don't have to go back and search for them later when I want to read up on them, I can just go to my journal. Within my journal I organize them into the beds I have them in, ie Front East Bed, Back Curvy Bed, etc. I find it super helpful, but I don't know if I'm using it the right way!

In my blog I have been posting 'in progress' shots of a major overhaul of my backyard and pond. I also plan to write when each plant blooms, so that I will know when to expect things like my forsythia next year.

Thats a wonderful idea, thank you!
Mimi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images