HELP!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Does anyone here use Plantskydd deer/animal deterent? If so do you mix the powder? The box says mix four cups to a gallon and it is VERY thick...I am a little confused and wonder if I am not diong something correctly, I don't think it will come through the sprayer as thick as it is...if I use more water I am afraid it won't be effective...grrrrr! I hate when things don't go easily...lol It foams when you mix it or I would try mixing it in a blender...but I don't want the bloody mess all over me and the kitchen, my dog is already going crazy with the way it smells!

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

janet i found this on the web site for them

http://www.plantskydd.com/application.html

i hope it will help you if not theres a contact thingy at the bottom with a phone number. Marie

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Haha re: the dogs. Just curious as to how it works. Keep us posted. I have yet to find a deer deterrent besides four big dogs. The minute we are gone, the deer are in the garden again. This year we put in perimeter fences ringing the house/garden. Only 5' feet high, so it may not work. Really it's to keep the dogs in. BTW, the dogs can do almost as much damage as the deer, so we need fences within fences.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Mixing that stuff must be a joy....NOT! I use liquid fence cause it comes pre-mixed. Just spraying it on is very very smelly to say the least. I can't imagine mixing it too. Good luck Janet.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

It was terrible Becky, and it did not dissolve well at all....I was very disappointed at how difficult it was to mix up. I will pay the price for the premixed next time....it is just expensive, I thought for 30 dollars a box I could get two sprayings instead of one for 25.00...but now I see it is not worth the extra time and the work, plus I think I wasted half of it because of the fact it would not dissolve at all. Such a mess!!!!

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I used it last year. I just mixed it up in a 5 gallon bucket. I didn't even bother trying to put in in a sprayer as I knew it would get clogged. I just splashed it around the perimeter of where I wanted to protect.

I did find it to be effective but didn't want to spend the money to keep re-applying. Interesting story. I needed to re-apply some and was mixing up a batch when all of sudden something were tearing through the woods next to me. Turns out 2 deer were bedded down in a thicket near some of my beds. The minute I started mixing that God-forsaken stuff, they tried to hightail it to the next county.

One other thing: Don't spill it on yourself!. Your dogs will really love you.

BB

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL. YES, my dog was trying her best to jump onto the counter top to get to it as I was mixing it up...lol Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.