Pyramid trellis/Tuteur design instructions from Birds&Blooms

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is a link to the instructions if anyone is interested

http://www.birdsandblooms.com/Pyramid-Trellis-Takes-Gardening-to-New-Heights/detail.aspx

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Won't let me in unless I'm a subscriber :(

oh, shoot!

sorry!!! I wish I could remove this now...sorry about that. I didn't realilze that...
-T

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Nah...I appreciate it...was foaming at the mouth lookin' at how pretty it was...if you're a subscriber though...maybe you could dmail folks interested with the plans to make that? Don't know...just a thought.

well, if you really, really want it, I did download and save the pdf file. I could mail it to you by regular email, if you like?

dmail me your regular email address, and I'll try to send that way
-T

I've sent two of these out by email so far. If anyne else wants these instructions, just email me with your real email, and I can send you the pdf file...
-T

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I'd forgotten I was a member. I downloaded it. Thanks for the link.

haha...great! :0)
you are welcome.
-T

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

We made it! Thanks for the instructions seedpicker! It's absolutely beautiful!

Thumbnail by knolan
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Nice!! Was it easy???

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

My part was! LOL. I put the water sealer on.

Actually, my DH loves to build things so, f him, it was relatively easy. It took about 4 hours to saw and sand all of the pieces, another hour to assemble. He says it'll go faster on the 2nd one.

Lucky you!! My DH will want know...where are you planning on putting that?!!! Well done.:)

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, this one we gave to my mother for her birthday. He's making me one this weekend and it will go in the backyard. I plan to put a Madame Alfred Carriere rose on mine. I bought a black eyed susan vine for my mother's.

What a great gift! They will be lovely.

Curious...Do you remember what it cost for materials?
-T

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

About $90 (including tinted water sealer which was $20...you don;t really have to have it).

The most expensive items were the screws which were $7/box. However, you don't need the 2" screws. That'll save you $7. We didn't use the 2" at all. The wood + finial was $32-$33 at Home Depot but we're sure we can get it a lot cheaper at a lumber yard.

It looks great! Your hubby did such a nice job, and even though that is a little more for the materials than I might have imagined, it definitely looks nicer than $100.

Your mother must love it!
-t

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you!

Here's a trellis he made today out of scrap wood.

Thumbnail by knolan

he's on a roll!

How nice to have a hubby that is so handy! :0)

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

knolan

I love them both. Wow I sure bet is wonderful to have him around... Too bad my husband's vision isn't better as he so loved it when he was way younger and could see better, to ticker with making things like this.

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.

Sulphur, LA(Zone 9a)

Does anyone still have the instructions for email? Love this!!
Thanks

dmail me, and send me your regular email address, and I can send it to you.
-T

Sulphur, LA(Zone 9a)

thanks so much :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.