Blooming Bulb - Clematis

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

http://www.bloomingbulb.com/CartBulbs.asp?Category=107&parent=3262

I am wondering about this seller. It looks like you have to buy 3 of any one variety to get the price. Maybe someone could organize a co-op or go in with me on a few?
They have great feedback in the Garden Watchdog.

Anyone?

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

how many are you looking to get? I would consider. I want to order but dont need 3 of each either.

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

I like all of the whites, but especially the Duchess of Edinburgh

we should each go to the site and write down the ones we want and then compare lists here. We will see which ones we both gotta have. What do ya think?

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

FYI: small, small, small! They will be "infant" size and will need to be grown out for an entire season in a 1 gallon container BEFORE planting them in your garden.

hmmmm, i dont think i wanna get em to small. thanks shirley1md

Nothing is wrong with a small plant because they will grow. However, you have to have the patience, pamper them and wait until their root system is large enough to plant in your garden. It takes a while to get the gratification in terms of number of blooms, but it sure helps to keep the cost down.

I have a couple that I've been pampering for the last 6 months and they are finally ready to go into my garden. No blooms yet, but hopefully one day!

true! perhaps i will check them out. shirley you are very persuasive!

I've been known to "enable" many gardeners, especially when it comes to growing Clematis!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

That's Shirley's specialty in life and she's so good at it. Shirley also has magnificent clematis so she knows what she's doing and does it right.

Well thats good cus im gonna bug her with every clematis Q i will have from here on out!LOL

Aawww shucks! Pirl you're a sweetie! YOUR gardens are to die for!!!

flowrgirl1: Ask lots of questions! We're all here to learn.

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

I have decided not to order from this company. It is nothing against them, I just want a clematis that will bloom sooner.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, Jennifer

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Maybe "to die in" is more like it, Shirley. Spring cleaning outside seems endless.

Yes, I agree. Always LOTS to do with Spring cleaning the garden. I'm still cutting back a lot of my Clematis, feeding and mulching them.

I only have two clematis. they are in pots for the second winter in a row. I hope they survived this one. they did great last summer! Bloomed and grew three or so feet tall in pots!

Ive got a special spot for them this year.

Which two are you growing out?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.