Moles and Beneficial nematodes Q

(Zone 7a)

I posted this first in the organic gardening forum, because I am an organic gardener and am not interested in killing my mole, although at times....

Ok, so right now the mole is winning. I have tried the camphor liquid and pellets, the garlic stuff in tubes, and I have three times the number of sonic mole chasers I am supposed to need. A couple days ago I reached into what I thought was an old mole tunnel and met, to both of our deep consternations, my nemesis! Of course I had no gloves on, and I don't know what I would have actually have done with the mole if I had caught it... Oh, and that mole was less than 4 feet from the nearest sonic molechaser! So much for those!

Anyway, I am now moving on to removing its food sources. I do have a grub problem, so I want to try beneficial nematodes. (We don't have Japanese beetles in NM, that is why I am not trying milky spore.) When I went to Planet Natural's website, they say that the ground can't be frozen. Our last frost date is around May 1st, but typically the ground itself won't be frozen, even if there is a frost. Is it safe to apply in this case, or should I wait? Also, does anyone know if there is a difference in application rates for soil that is very sandy?

Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.