Aphids on eggplant/pepper plants, Not on tomatoes?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Hello,
I have more than 50 tomato plants, and about 15 pepper plants, and 5 eggplants. The eggplant and pepper plants are about 1 month old. They are infested with aphids. The tomato plants are in the same area as the eggplants/pepper plants but have no aphids. What is the cause of this? I was going to start some Bhut Jolokia peppers, but if they will be infestested with the aphids I wont grow them. After all, I am all about matrs and dont want to attract aphids into the tomato zones and eventually have a aphid infestation on the matrs. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks a lot!

This message was edited Mar 30, 2008 12:07 PM

Thumbnail by ang224
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Aphids tend to prefer some plants over others--I don't grow veggies so I don't know which ones they typically prefer, but I know I get them all the time on my hibiscus, there'll be millions of aphids on the hibiscus plant but none at all on the plant right next to it that's not a hibiscus. The other thing is that they prefer tender new growth, so if your eggplants and peppers are growing more actively than the tomatoes then that could explain it too.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Okay, I just pulled them. Thanks for the info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.