Let us welcomeElizainHamtown- Hamtramick, Mi.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello and welcome...to DG...You have joined the bestest Garden site there..is..click here..and also come to our little Michigan forum...and join in the chat with us..there are many members, in our little clan...Tell us about you and what you are interested in.. And if you need help getting around this big Place..just ask away...I have been a member for 7 years..and I am still trying to find my way... Again..welcome.. and do not be shy...

smiles..Diana...

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome to the site and glad to see you posting already!!! :)
have fun!
dori

Hamtramck, MI(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the welcome! I am super excited by what I have seen so far!

Elizabeth

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Elizabeth. Welcome to the Michigan forum at Dave's garden. We're happy to have you join in. I read on another topic here that you love peonies and lilacs. If you are looking for some inexpensive plants go to Blocks when they open up. It will be worth the drive. I used to live downstate in Garden City and shopped there every year for my plants. They get a lot of perennials in there and sell them very cheap and they are nice and healthy. Blocks is located on the corner of Middlebelt and Eureka in Romulus...............not far from Metro Airport. They have over 50 greenhouses. I know they sell peonies and lilacs far less than you'd pay for them at someplace like English gardens. If you were up here I could give you some. My son has a whole bank of mature old lilacs and they have sprouted a lot of babies. I saw them when I was over there last year. Sometimes local garden clubs have plant sales and you might find some there.

Good luck and I hope your plants from Michigan Bulb turn out OK. You can always pot them up with some potting soil and keep them in the house near a window till you can plant them outdoors.

Brenda

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome Hamtown! Glad to have ya! Where is Hamtramck? Im from Manistee county but i currently live in North Carolina. Im comin back to MI for the summer though. Guess that makes me a snowbird. I love peonies and lilacs too. Lilacs dont really grow where im at now so i cant wait to get home and see them blooming. Check out the West MI plant swap! Its gonna be big and you will get to meet lots of us there.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome to the garden hope you post often I think it will be spring soon LOL
Gloria

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Elizabeth, welcome to Daves! You will love it here. Hope you visit the Michigan forum often.
toofew

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome!!!! Nice to have you.

Cindy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.