Orange, Dutchess, Ulster NY Gardeners . . .

Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

I know several folks on DG live in my area and I've seen a couple posting on the NE forum, so I hope this is of interest for you all.

I was in Adams Fairacre Farms (newburgh location) over the weekend to get groceries (sort of) and just happened to wander into the garden center and greenhouses ;-) They had beautiful perennials on the tables. At 3.50 for a nice size pot, how to pass it up? I took home beautiful salvia, pulmonaria, brunnera, veronica, gallardia, lamium, delphinium, coreopsis (trying again), and so many more. Also, there was a lovely selection of herbs and other things, including large, full pots of rich, red spikey grass(?). Gorgeous, but not on my radar screen at the moment. Several of these shouldn't get planted for another couple of weeks, but I couldn't resist. I'll post pictures later if anyone is interested.

edited for spelling

This message was edited Mar 30, 2008 10:15 AM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I've been sick for a few days so I just found this thread...
I don't live in your area but i'd love to see pictures! LOL If you only paid $3.50 for pulmonaria, or brunnera you got a great deal!!!!!!!!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Yes, sounds like a great deal. That's not too far from me - maybe I'll check it out one of these days. Thanks and please do post pics!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.