EM Fermented Plant Extracts (EM FPE)

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

I had fermented some bermuda grass in my bokashi bucket before, but now I'm ready to try some really serious bokashi juice - weed extract! bwaahaa haa!

The APNAN manual booklet can be downloaded for free at this site:
http://www.apnan.org/EM_Application.htm

The instructions for preparation and use of the EM FPE begins on page 9 of the manual booklet.
Basically, you chop up the fresh weed, toss them into a bucket with an equal volume of water and a lesser quantity of molasses and EM, seal the lid and ferment until the pH drops below 3.5.
This could take one or two weeks depending on the room temperature.
Once the pH has dropped sufficiently, the liquid plant extract is filtered out through a cloth and can be stored in a dark, cool place (but not refrigerated) for 90 days. The remaining plant material can be turned under the soil or tossed in the compost pile.

The extract can be watered into the soil manually, with a sprinkler or through drip irrigation at a ratio of 1:1000, or sprayed on the plant at a ratio of 1:500.

Why waste the nutrition in the weeds when we can turn them into fertilizer?

mulege, Mexico

Started my first batch of weed juice today.

I've seen almost immediate results with just a few drops of EM1 on plants. I used a little in the soaking water for new bare root berries and they are taking off.

We are putting a little in the dogs food and water and hoping for less poop as we have eight dogs right now.

katiebear

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.