We became doggie parents today!

Grand Blanc, MI

Went to a Home & Garden show a couple of weeks ago. The first display we saw was the invisible fence folks and they had the Adopt A Pet folks with them with their puppies. I held off that day, although DH has wanted a dog since we've been married, 7 years ago. Since the show, I've been searching the Adopt a Pet site, found some cuties and found out that they had another display this afternoon in Fenton.

I asked dh if he wanted to go look at doggies even though we weren't ready for one now. Of course he was game! Well, it didn't take long for ME to be the one wanting to take one home with us. So we came home with an 8 week old female (fixed) Boxer Hovawart cross. She is adorable! We also came home with a carrier and all the doggie supplies that go along with this.

DH always had dogs indoors as pets growing up. I always had dogs outdoors on the farm I grew up on. He said my problem was that I considered all animals livestock! LOL I think he was right! Now I'm a convert. :-)

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

oh oh this is going to cost you lol first the carrier then the toys then they take over your heart then the house our sheltie lets us live here so we can take good care of him I think its an animal devious plane :)
congrats momma!!!!!
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Congratulations on the addition to your family? So, what's her name? Pictures? You know you have to have at least a king sized bed so you all can get some sleep don't you?

My husband was like you are. He grew up on a farm and all animals stayed outside. I quickly converted him though and now he's big daddy around here to our two bichons.

I hope you have many happy years together. There is nothing quite like the love of a dog. They will always be there for you no matter what and will love unconditionally. I heard a joke the other day. It went something like this. Your dog will love you more than your spouse. If you don't believe it then lock your spouse and your dog into the trunk of your car and see who is happiest to see you when you unlock the trunk. :)

Brenda

Grand Blanc, MI

Here is a pic of Susie. We 'tried' having her sleep in the crate, but my husband would rather let her sleep with him on the couch! I'm not saying he was banned to the couch...lol....he is undergoing cancer treatment and sometimes it just works better to sleep there. We have two couches in our living room so that's where we're ALL sleeping!

She's our sweetheart :-)

Thumbnail by LoriLL
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Susie is the cutest! (good thing my dog cannot read)

How wonderful for you. No wonder you could not resist that little one. She is so special. I can almost smell her sweet little puppy breath.

Have fun with her.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Awwwwwww...Susie is adorable!! I am positive she will be so much company for both of you. Dogs "sense" when you are sick or in pain and will just snuggle up extra close and just stay there. I wish you all well. Keep us updated with new pics when you get them.

Brenda

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Lori,
How is Susie doing? She looks adorable!! How nice for your new addition! I live in Fenton and often buy dog supplies from sales around town and then give the stuff to adopt a pet! Any close out dog stuff in stores around here gets slurped up by me!! So happy you were able to find a dog there.
I am also interested to say hello to a neighbor. I don't know if you do any co-ops here but knowing each other could come in handy as we live pretty close to each other!
So hello and happy new doggy parenthood!!
I live 2 blocks west of the "French Laundry" on Owen Rd.!!!
If you are ever in town this summer stop by!!!
Julie Z.

Grand Blanc, MI

Hi Julie!

Susie is being a very good dog at the moment....she's sleeping! lol
Honestly though, she's brought a lot of joy into this home.

I was in Fenton yesterday for physical therapy and then bought some doggie supplies in WalMart. I haven't done any of the coops yet but it's something I need to check out!

Would love to stop and say hello this summer. Can't wait for the weather to be warm again! Thanks for saying Hi!

Lori

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm sure you drovwe right by!! LOL!!
Your new girl is a doll!
I have a deck over my garage and my dogs are on it a lot.
Maybe you can see them on your way through town!
Have fun with your new girl.
Julie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

How cute is she??? One of my best friends name is Susie too!!! We adopted a new dog from the spca last october and we love him.... But he is three. We got him after our 17 year old girl passed away. Max is wonderful!!! Such a great companion, Im sure Susie will be a great comfort for your husband as he will be having days of not feeling to well.. My prayers for him.. Enjoy your new sweetie! I love the ears! She is lucky black dogs are the hardest to place did you know that? I did not care about the color I just wanted a great dog and we got him. Congrats to you and the doggie parenthood. Ronna

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Lori.....

My two fur babies, Blaze and Cyndee welcome your susie.....

Deann

Thumbnail by deann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.