Brothers Machine at Costco

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

I have a Viking Emerald 118 on backorder for the last 6 wks & will be at least 2 more weeks before it comes (?)....yesterday I purchased a Brothers XR700 at Costco for $149...it seems to have everything you can think of on it...it's computerized which the Viking is not and the Viking is almost 4 times the Brothers in cost....my questions are:
do any of you have the Brothers machine & how reliable is it and if they do need repair where do you take it....the computer part is what scares me as to cost to repair & the only Brothers authorized dealer is 3 1/2hrs from us....I'm wondering if I should return the Brothers & wait for my Viking where I will be able to have it repaired + free lessons and their shop is only 1 hr from us???? Thank you for your input...Deb

This thread has 34 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!