Welcome ......Msmissa- Detroit, Mi.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello and welcome to the best garden site there is.. Hope you come here often and join in our Michigan forum gathering.. Set a spell Take off your shoes..and chat away...We are here for you ...Any question just ask...Surely there is someone that can answer it.. It is big..for sure..but you will get used to it..soon.. Tell us about..what you are into..

Enjoy your time...smiles..Diana Welcome again.

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome to the site! I see you are here on a 2month subscription
I sure hope you like it here and will join us for a YEAR~ :)
Its a great place and a great group here!!!

welcome
dori

Detroit, MI

Well I am excited to be here so far, as soon as I get a hang of this giant place. Thanks much and I love the company of fellow Michiganders, from the westside myself. Now I take residence in the c ity, but I am a country girl at heart. Thanks for the welcome

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome msmissa! Glad to have you join in here. Tell us about your garden.

Brenda

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome! Im a mighigander/North Carolinian. Bit of a snowbird this year. Returning back to MI in may. Hope to see you at the MI plant swap. Check it out.

Detroit, MI

Loon my garden til now is about 200 seedling trying to figure out what in the world is going to happen to them if I plant them outside in this stinky city. I moved to Detroit almost three years ago to further my education and ended up falling in love with a med student so here I stay waiting for him to finish so we can get back to the country(little too much info probably). I haven't had a garden since I moved out of my parents home so this year I am going to plant some easy veggies, green beans, squash, peppers and such. I am also going to try the impossible and grow some okra out here in the city. Delicious. Inside I have an established garden of houseplants that are literally growing all over each other as I run out of room for the new ones.

Tell me more about the plant swap, I am totally interested in trading plants.

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

msmissa, the plant swap is on June 7th in Freeport. Its gonna be big from the sounds of it. Since you are new to gardening people will definately not let you go home empty handed. Here is the link. YOu can find it here at the tip of the MI forum too.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/778693/
My family is all from Detroit. I was born there but we moved shortly after. My parents grew up in Old Redford area. You need to get outta there and come up north! The air is cleaner. Detroit has the fastest decline in population currently with over 2400 people leaving a month, well thats what i read. Must be the loss of jobs and rise in crime!

What did you go to school for? I just finished finally! I was a landscape and nursery major.

Happy gardening.
michelle

This message was edited Apr 1, 2008 9:57 AM

This message was edited Apr 1, 2008 9:57 AM

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

msmissa, Thanks for telling us more about you. I'm sure your veggie garden will do great. I love okra but have never grown it. I did mostly ornamental gardening but the last two years since we moved up north I've had a big veggie garden. We made some mistakes. I sent hubby to the nursery with my list and forgot to tell him to buy "cells" instead he bought "flats" of everything. :) I had 100 cabbage plants and.........well..........we ate an awful lot of cabbage. Had way too much of everything else too but I was able to freeze a lot and trade my neighbors veggies for eggs. They have chickens and their garden got broke into by pesky deer and rabbits and destroyed. I have an 8 foot fence around mine so it's secure. I also planted a lot of fruit trees, rasperries and blueberries and asparagus. This year I ordered ten more apple trees, 5 hazlenut trees and 5 crabapple trees. We have 28 acres with 8 acres cleared so I have lots of room to plant whatever I want to. When we lived in Garden City for 30 years I had a tiny lot. Used to tick me off when I ran out of room. ha ha ha

Good luck with your seedlings and I hope you find the plant swap. Happy gardening.

Brenda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.