Newbie From Pacific North West!

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

Hello everyone,

This is Oneanjl...posting for my mom 'Pat'. I talked her into signing up for DG -okay... I signed her up, paid for her subscription and THEN told her about it! LOL! All because I am planning a complete redo of her nondescript yard and she needed access to the forums to help me plan. :o) LOL!

Maybe we can get my mom as hooked on this site as I am... especially when she sees all the quilting and craft forums on here! lol!

Now, I just need to get my sister subscribed.... LOL! I am SUCH an enabler! :O)

Please, give her the same warm warm welcome that you all have shown me and let her know just how wonderful all these DGers really are!

I already started a thread with pictures of the yard we are re-designing... please see the following post http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/827285/

Mom has to walk to the library for computer access, but says she will check out her new subscription tomorrow morning... wouldnt it be neat if there were a whole bunch of posts welcoming her ?! LOL!
Anjl

ps.... gotta add the photo of her first Great Grandson! David says his DGG is a real 'touchdown'! LOL!

Thumbnail by 1AnjL

oops! I forgot...her DG name is Anjlsmom (what else! lol!)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME, Pat!!! Your daughter is quite a hoot to boot! LOL

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Welcome, Pat. It's nice to have you here. You'll have fun on this site with gardening and all the other things there are to look at.

And we'll all have fun planning your new garden with you!!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Pat, welcome to the nut house. You will have a lot of fun plus you and I can talk about great grandkids.!!

Be careful though, cause you will probably find out how the real Anji is, and that will make you so sad. lol Anji is really the sweetest person you could imagine, you did a good job!!!!

We do like to mess with her!!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

HI Anjilsmom Pat! Welcome to DG!

It can be a little overwhelming here at first, there's so much going on and so much to look at. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Most of the forums are very friendly and folks really like to help out. We were all new once, too. :)

Anjl has already provided you a link to the thread all about your garden, which is in the PNW forum. Here are a few other links you might like:

DG FAQ forum:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/dgfaq/all/

Sewing & Quilting:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/sewing/all/

Garden Design (lots of plans and a chance to see what lots of others are doing in their gardens)
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/landscaping/all/

PNW Forum: We're a chatty bunch!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/region_pnw/all/

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

welcome to the funny farm pat

Wilkes Barre, PA(Zone 6a)

Welcome to Daves Garden-I know you will love it here!

Aggie

Norfolk, VA

So Miss Pat, Miss Anjl has given you a subscription.......get ready, because life as you once knew it has just changed forever!! but, in the best way possible.........

You will absolutely love it here at your new home. The people here are very friendly and always willing to lend a helping cyberhand. Just think, gardening tips 24/7, friends at every hour day and night, always someone there to listen to the trials, triumphs and the occasional failure. You can't ask for any better people than those here at Dave's Garden!

Welcome Anjlsmom, now strap in and enjoy the ride!!!!

This message was edited Mar 27, 2008 6:47 PM

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Pat -

Welcome to Dave's Garden (DG)! There are so many communities here from crafts to health to pets to ... of course ... gardening! I joined up about a year and half ago. It's been quite amazing. I have over 1,000 sq ft. of beautiful garden plants now ... thanks to the many generous members on DG! They shared lots and lots of seeds with me, plants, and priceless advice. I was new to gardening (newbie) and have learned more from this website community than if I had read 500 books!!! (Though I still like to read about plants, gardening, etc. and have some magazine subscriptions and still go to the local library for books!)

Take your time checking out this website ... it will take you weeks to see everything! And then find some places (forum communities) where you want to frequent and settle on in! You will LOVE it!!!

Go here for a "tour" of DG: http://davesgarden.com/aboutus/tour/

Enjoy this amazing ride in the DG cyberworld! ~Becky~

This message was edited Mar 27, 2008 8:25 AM

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Hi there and welcome!!!
I have some seeds for you!!! Just shout and the package will be on the way!!!!!
((HUGS)) and welcome welcome welcome!!!
Robbi

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Pat, welcome to Daves Garden. We look forward to seeing what plants you like.

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Welcome Pat! Your going to love it here! Friends, chat, plants and a hug if your down. It's a great place to be!
Joey
PS you 'hatched a good 'un in Anjil

Victoria Harbour, ON

Welcome Pat, do enjoy all that DG has to offer..everyone is as close as the keyboard to you..always willing to offer ideas, suggestions learnt from their accomplishments and mistakes...lol...look forward to photo's of your garden..what interests do you have other than gardening??

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcome Pat! It’s great to see you here, and I can’t wait to see how your garden project evolves over time :-).

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Welcome Anjlsmom! I think that you will really enjoy Dave's Garden! Rachel

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Welcome Anjlsmom, From one Pat to another, this is truly a great place to talk to people and feel you are talking to friends. Your great grandson is darling. Looks like he is ready for this world. We have 14 great grandkids and 10 grand ones. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Patricia

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome Pat, I hope enjoy the time you spend with all of here.

Congrats on the new great grandbaby. He's a doll.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Hello, Pat!
There are lots of friendly folks here, as you can see, and all willing to help in their own way.
Please don't be shy about asking for help - we'll do whatever we can.
Your front yard project sounds like fun: we're quite anxious to see what plants you like so that we can either get seeds or plants to you.
I was wondering if you like to grow vegetables? That can be done in containers & requires less fussing. I always start extra, and would be happy to share.
This is the best place to be on a cold day - almost as good as gardening!
Keep warm & enjoy!
Kate

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

See, youare here about 24 hours and people are ready to share plants!! How cool is that!

Kingston, WA

welcome anjils mom , You will enjoy it here we mostly talk gardening but there are also pet forums and crafts. I get on the Australian section once in a while and there is a lady there who mows lawns and sell plants on the weekend like me. She even has the same brand of mowers as me and lives on the other side of the world. Computers and technology is amazing. Welcome Heidi and Dragonfly

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Isn't it neat how you can sit and talk to someone in The Netherlands or India and never have to change out of your robe.
I love it and you will too, Pat!!!

lol, cept mom has to change outta her robe and hike to the library in the snow in order to use the puter! LOL!
Guess she didnt make it to the library today.... maybe next week

Hi MOM!
* I ALWAYS wanted to do that!*
anjl

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I think Mom needs a computer for her birthday . . .

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

That's true, can't be letting your mom walk to the po in a robe!!!

lol, she has a puter....just no online service at her house :o) I cant afford it! :o)
(Plus this way she gets exercise! teeheehee!)

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

you are so mean. I can just see the poor woman walking in houseshoes and robe in the rain with a headache to get to the library cause you are so mean to her.!!!

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

With netscape she can get online for about $10.00 a month. It's kinda slow, but it is probably just as fast as the library computer. Divided between you 3 kids, thats like $3.25 a month. LOL

hmmm. actually there are 5 of us kids... thats like $2 a month? I think I might check into that for her.. Thanks drapelady....
do you have to have a landline for it to work? I think that is part of the prob....we only have a cell phone for her now. I'll go check into it
Thanks again!
Anjl

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

There are some that you don't need a phone line, isn't there. Sure they are more expensive, but IT IS YOUR MOTHER. I say that like my kids would feed me if I was starving. !!! lol You are a good daughter to think about your mom. About 95 % of the people don't, so yea for you.

We took care of my mom and dad for a few years before they died, but Dad had a stroke and Mom had a brain bleed, so they couldn't do much. A Guy from family services came by to check on them snd told us how nice it was we took care of them. He said most people don't.
They are our parents, who wouldn't we do that. Mine had to put up with me, can you imagine? lolo

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I think you'll need a land line for the least expensive service. You can get cable phone and TV and computer service from that big "C" company for less than you can buy them all independently. It's not cheap and I've had some problems with getting the phone set up (what they don't tell you), but Verizon's phone charges were eating me alive!!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh, please avoid "C"...they are dreadful....and their internet prices are some of the highest out there...might be better off with Q's lower speed DSL and the lifetime price thing, if it's available in Rochester-you can bundle satellite with Q for a bit of a savings as well...

SSHHH! Mom's gonna read this and then.... welll, I just cant afford it ! LOL! But we are planning to look into the options and see what would be feasable...just have to wait til us kids can win the lottery! LOL!
So mom, dont go getting any ideas yet....let me buy a lottery ticket first! LOL!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

What do you all use.? Don't have cable out here, I could get it through Hughes using the direct tv, but it's so expensive I wouldn't be able to eat for 6 months. Figure I need a little nourishment sometimes.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

a belated welcome from ujpstate new york

Rochester, WA(Zone 7b)

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. Be aware since I am stuck going to the library to get on the internet right now, I won't be doing much posting. I will rely on my DD to do that for me. This has got me thinking. Fortunately I have about 2 months to get some plans going. I will start the planning and let you all know how things turn out.

Pat

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

You may find yourself trudging to the library more ofter that you wish just to catch up on all the chatter.

aww look, she's catchin on to the DG lingo :o) I dont recall her EVER referring to ME as DEAR anything! LOL! She may have exclaimed Dear God , or Dear Lord at something I did, but never Dear Daughter :o) I love this site! LOL! It brings families closer together :oD

Now I just gotta get my Sister hooked :o) LOL!

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

ROFLMBO! Now THAT is funny, anjl!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Are you sure she really means "Dear"? LOL How about "determined"?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.