Costoco has palms

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I stopped at Costco today and they are having a special "Palm" event. They had Robellini's, Majesties and another that I can't remember right now. The prices were amazing. The large ones, which went up to 17' were $55. The mediums, up to 12" were $35; and the babies, up to 8' were only $20. All the Robellini's had at least 3 trunks and several had 5. They are marginally hardy but at those prices they could be considered annuals. Of course, I could not figure out how to get the big ones home. You would need a very large truck. If I were a nursery owner I would buy them all up. My neighbor just bought a Robellini, 5', and had it planted for $300; bet I can make him cry.

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

Wow, those are good prices. I don't think we have a Costco here in Columbia yet (unless someone knows otherwise).

Greenville, Charleston and Myrtle Beach are the only ones in SC. I wonder why Columbia doesn't have one?????

They were huge beautiful plants. I could not have been so disciplined if they were smaller but there was no way I could get them home.

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

Do they build near Sam's Club? That might be why if they don't.

Most cities have both but I prefer Costco. They do not have trees on a regular basis; this was one of their extravaganzas.

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

Probably best we don't have one then.

Extravaganzas + U-Haul rental = Bad news

LOL

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

i saw a costco in spartanburg this year, or is that the same one as the greenville one?

Not sure, I'll have to check their website.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.