Newbie needing help-

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

I'm just starting a counted cross stitch design from Boyd Designs for Janlynn called "Summer Farm." It’s very pretty- it looks like a watercolor painting. Finished size is 8"x12" if done every 2 on 27 count even weave fabric. If I don't mind it being smaller, but want it to be more evenly detailed (higher resolution), so can I just use every 1? If I did that it would be about 4X6? would I have to switch from cross stitch to just a half stitch (petite point stitch) to get it to not be bulky and lay right? I'm used to just following the directions, and this is a gorgeous kit, with about 30 different colors of floss. I'm also cheap and don't want to have to buy new floss and a new canvas if I mess this up. So thought I'd ask help from those who might have adapted patterns before.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!