Easter Surprise

Brentwood, NY(Zone 6b)

For a couple of days now I'd noticed soil around my unsprouted Calla pot but the bulbs themselves weren't disturbed. I just went, huh, fixed the soil, added a little extra soil to be sure, watered them, and shrugged. I came in to check something else this morning and discovered Mischa, the glaring cat, had apparently decided that since I was encroaching on her sunbathing spot she would simply sleep on top of it. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to let her keep her new spot, I have more Calla bulbs, or if I'm going to be mean and putting something up to keep her from sleeping there.

The plants sprouting in the other pots are my impatient Gladiolas. At this rate they'll be blooming in June, maybe May instead of July.

Thumbnail by LIGladLover
Alfred, ME(Zone 4a)

She is incubating them for you. Try switching the calla pot for a similar one w/ just dirt ( some of the dirt w/ her scent on it ) in it. Might/might not work, Cats Hate change. Hope she doesen't try and fertilize them ::)) kdcon

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL, that picture is priceless :>)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh my, I think she has laid claim to "those" Calla's!!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Looks like a puuurfect fit. Maybe swap out another round pot for her to sleep in the sun. Very cute.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

LI - that is so adorable! I can relate, as I have three cats. In fact, one of them, Smokey, looks like Mischa!

Brentwood, NY(Zone 6b)

It does look perfect for her, doesn't it? I suspect the Calla bulbs will be getting transplanted to a smaller pot until they start sprouting and/or it gets warm enough for them to go outside. Sadly that window is the only one with a surface underneath it that I can put anything on and still remember they're there. LOL
I picked Mischa up from a shelter about a year ago now. She's a beautiful marble tabby when you can see the pattern.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.