Happy Easter

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

This was my first cactus bloom of the season and it is a native here. It bloomed today so I thought I should send it to you all as an Easter greeting!

Thumbnail by cactuspatch

Happy Easter to you too Joyce! How nice that they opened for Easter!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Yes, this is a bit early I think? This one is planted near an ell in my stucco wall that faces south, so it may be warmer there than out in the field.

The Claret Cup cactus are the first cactus to bloom in my yard & they are planted under the same condition as yours. Mine are full of buds. I think they will open in a few days.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Happy Easter to All, sorry i didn't see this yesterday, I was gone all day.

Santa Fe, NM

Beautiful cactus flowers! And a belated Happy Easter to you.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

This is how it looked yesterday. I need to take a good one of the whole clump. It has about 60 (DH counted!) buds on it!

Hi Roybird, any link to an art gallery yet? ; )

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Santa Fe, NM

No links yet. But just got home! Love the cactus flowers.

Gorgeous Cactus, Cactuspatch.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I went out looking for more wildflowers and there don't seem to be many. We didn't get much rain this winter. Here are some photos from last Spring.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

poppies

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I have to look these up to remember the names! I think I will add the photos to my flickr photos. Click on my name to get to that link.

This message was edited Apr 2, 2008 5:54 AM

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Indian Paintbrush

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I love these!

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Larger view of the area.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

We call this one locoweed. I will look up all the names and add them later.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch

Nice to see your wildflowers! I am very sad about the no-rain winter we had. By this time last year the canyons had lots of things in bloom. Nothing is hardly even growing right now or putting out leaves. :-(

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Yes, but it happens pretty often that we don't get rain. Just makes it even more special when we do get to see them right? ; )

We have had a very dry winter here in North Central Texas too, so our Bluebonnets are not doing much this year either.

This message was edited Apr 2, 2008 10:40 PM

Santa Fe, NM

We don't seem to have much blooming up here yet but I have been in California, Arizona, Nevada recently and they had lots of wild flowers. Apparently they got plenty of rain in the Mojave. Every year is different. I wish we'd all get some rain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.