Usual alarmist nonsense from the weathermen!

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

So much for the forecast of 5-10cm of snow!!

More like 3mm here. Not enough to give full coverage of the grass.

Anyone else had any?

Thumbnail by Resin

Just a light spot on top of the Primulas

Thumbnail by Resin

And hardly visible on the Hellebores

Thumbnail by Resin
's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

We got this, but it didn't stay and now the sun is shining!

Thumbnail by Tuinkabouter

And all gone here by 10 a.m.

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

LOL well I can send you some!!!

Thumbnail by lauriwilson

and this...............

Thumbnail by Mr_Crocosmia

or this..............

Thumbnail by lauriwilson

Oh my......

And take this!

Thumbnail by Tuinkabouter

ooooooooooooooooooooo pretty rainbow..............................

We had a good 4 inches of snow overnight and more expected tonight and tomorrow.

Now that's a pretty picture, but I doubt snow is welcome at this time of year! Or is it?

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Snow was predicted here too but only had some hail. But its ICY, ICY COLD, with north-east winds going right through your bones, ..... The water in one of my bird baths was frozen this morning, once in a while some sun peeps through the heavy clouds.
The southern part though(the Ardennes) of Belgium got some 25 cm snow and is now filled with skier tourists.

Got another snow shower this afternoon which dropped as much as there was first thing in the morning. But it all melted within half an hour.

Still flurrries here every time a cloud comes over covers the ground again, then it quits...sun came out briefly and melted all to a lovely slush and it is going to freeze it to a blob come dawn.............or so the weather liars say...

Lauri

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Sometimes the weather men are right but not at the appropriate time they predict, lol

It is snowing here right now with very thick fat flakes, but melting as soon as they reach the soil..
View from my front window towards the town;

Thumbnail by bonitin

We had that too and it was still there when I woke up. But now the sun is shining and the snow has gone.....

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

I think the weather men are so afraid of repeating the mistake of saying there wasn't going to be a storm just before Britain was hit by the worst storm in living memory that they are exaggerating everything just in case.

I feel sorry for all the people who have arranged events for the holiday. These terrible weather forecasts must have made a lot of people stay at home.

We've had a covering of snow which melted quite quickly and I drove through a blizzard this afternoon, but it was sunny and no snow at all when I got home. It still isn't very good gardening weather though - too cold for my liking, and I've run out of compost so can't do anything else in the greenhouse until I get some more. I think I'll go through my seeds and select the ones to sow next.

Quoting:
I think the weather men are so afraid of repeating the mistake of saying there wasn't going to be a storm just before Britain was hit by the worst storm in living memory that they are exaggerating everything just in case.

Yep. Agree. It was the October 1987 Michael Fish "there won't be a hurricane" incident. Ever since then, they've almost always overstated the likely nastiness of the weather. Hence the title of this thread.

Resin

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I got up to a thick covering of snow yesterday! There was a flurry of snow on Saturday too, and again tonight as the sun set, it looked like it might continue as it was dropping down in big flakes slowly, but stopped. There could be more over night at this rate.

This was at midday yesterday, some will have already melted.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Just a few days more, spring is on its way! As from Thursday weather will become really nice, or so our trustworthy weather people tell!

We had it all this weekend: sun, snow, rain, hail, sleet, thunderstorms and lots of rainbows. It certainly wasn't dull!

Hey Tuink,
Same weather here....Today dawned sunny, fresh and windy but no new snow!!!
I can hardly wait for the end of the week we may be able get out to finish the new borders...

Lauri

Thickest dusting of new snow yet first thing this morning, about 5mm, tho' it's nearly all gone now.

Resin

This morning we had a layer of about 3cm of hail. Going to the office was like balancing on a layer of marbles!
Now it's snowing again.....

we got sunshine.............................. wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo

Thanks for sending me some. As I said, it's surely not dull!

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Funny thing this sun, it comes out and warms you as if we deserve some sun, giving us hope, lol, then over come the dark clouds and cold winds whip up to disillusion us.

It was -3C in the greenhouse last night, I still have a couple of small patches of snow on the ground from Sunday!

3cm of hail is a lot Tuinkabouter!

Hoping for you and for me Lauri that we can get out and do our gardens! Hope springs eternal, spring hopes eternal..

(Zone 8b)

And 5 weeks later the outside temperature hit 79F here just outside Boston.( I still work in F cos C doesn't mean anything to me!!)

Snow at Easter and now we have had the most unusual Bankholiday weather - the sun has shone non stop. It could only be England!!

OOPS - can't spell!

This message was edited May 6, 2008 4:03 PM

It's the same here in The Netherlands. Temperature is almost twice as high as it should be and it hasn't rained properly in about 3 weeks and it's not going to in the coming 10 days either!

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

I am back in Florida last Saturday 28th April) it was lovely in London, we went to Hyde Park, but every other day it rained, so nice to be back in the hot sun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.