Weight Loss Challange March 22 - 29th

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

April is almost here. YEAH!! That is the month I begin to actually think about yardening. March is so unpredictable that I don't count on it much for outside work. And it wasn't a good one this year.

My weight was back down to 128# yesterday morning after breakfast. A nice drop of 5#. I think all the salt in the canned soups and ham really made me hold water. So now I am within 5# - 8# of what the doctor wants me. He would be satisfied with me being at 125# but that would be the top. I so want to look like one of those tall lanky women but GOD reminded me one day a few weeks ago that my body structure will never let me look like that. I am only 5'3" and rather broad shouldered and hippy no matter what I do. So I must work on being content with the body I have and just keep the poundage under control. Back when I was taking PT for the shoulder/arm problem I was told by one of the therapists that I have very small thin shoulder blades for someone with the rest of my uppper body structure. That must be the only bones that are small. lol.

Kris and Shad are actually here and doing the wiring. There is no way the wires can be pulled down thru the walls as planned so I will have large wiring showing across ceilings, down the walls, etc. She called me at work to tell me this and my response was that I don't care if the wiring shows, just so long as it is rewired. At least this way the insurance company can see that it has been done. She talked about some kind of covering for it but I really don't care. I'd just as soon paint it the color of the wall or ceiling and let it go at that. I'm not into pretty as much as practical tho one wouldn't know it from looking at the outside of my home. I guess Cindy isn't going to paint my switch plates for me after all as they all got brought to me plain. Maybe she is like so many artists and just wasn't motivated to paint at this time. She really does do lovely work for a 15 year old with no extra training. I treasure the few she has done for me and would like the whole house to be done with ones she has painted.

I need to get milo and whole corn for the birds but think I have enough to last until Monday when I will be going in to work at the food bank again. I try to save on gas as much as possible. Even tho E85 costs $.50 less per gallon I lose about 2 - 3 miles per gallon economy so it about evens out. I may need to get sunflower seeds again too. Those are the ones that break the budget.

The kids are still sleeping. When I got home from work last night they were at Kyle's for a farm meeting so I didn't take Kyle & Holly the supper I brought home for them. I just took care of the critters and went to bed. My sleeping pill was really working when I think I heard a door being closed but never heard voices so I didn't get up. Too sleepy by then anyway.

It felt nice outside when I let the dogs out for the morning potty break. Maybe I'll get some yardening work done today. I've been told that they want no interuptions or distractions. I take that to mean I am to keep quiet and stay away from them. As long as the house get rewired that is fine with me. I'll have food ready for them and they can eat when they wish. I'll stay outside or in my room reading and listening to CDs.

I do need to get busy on some laundry & get out some of my summer clothes. I got so hot at the cafe' last night I was almost sick. Sarah and I agreed that next week we will at least have shorts and tank tops with us to change into if it gets like that again.

Breakfast was about 2/3 cup of the sugar loaded custard(I took 2 sugar blocker pills), a slice of ww toast with p. butter and some homemade applesauce. Lunch will probably be the Mile High Taco pie or sandwiches. I do have a pizza in the freezer that they may prefer.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 34 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!