O.T who's into craft

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

This is what I like to do when I"m in a crafty mood(or more precisely when I have the time, which hasn't been for months)..floral corsages made from a resin type material..similar to cold porcelain.It is very time consuming and intricate...but satisfying ..I do picture frames too

Thumbnail by brical1

I have more but these are 2 of the most recent...

Thumbnail by brical1
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Beautiful Judy! Is it like regular resin where you have to add a catalyst to get the hardening process started? How does it all come together?
Sue

Hi Sue,No... no catalyst. All hand shaped, sculpted & painted,similar technique to cake decorating only no cutters used in these.
What crafts do you do?

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I've dabbled in a few things over the years, but currently am making a Pineneedle basket and knitting squares for a winter blanket.
I have an unfinished cross stitch (and a few finished ones) and have made flax baskets, bone carved jewellery, fairies made of sculpey and pipe cleaners, Dream catchers, Leatherwork, scrapbooking, I have sewed bali flags and I'll have a go at just about anything. Theres a lady called Gourdbeader in the basket making forum who makes lovely sculptures by pushing beads into wax that she has sculpted around a gourd. Fantastic! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/814912/
Its down a ways in the thread, but worth a look. I'd like to have a go at something similar to use up all the left over beads I've got lurking in the cupboard.
These are my small flax baskets, but I didn't make the bone carvings. The baskets are about 10cm in diameter and would fit a nice little jar of coins or hold a bar of soap or something. They are a bit time consuming too, but I hate to throw anything out, and I had to cut back the flax! LOL
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Nice Sue,I checked that link out and must say I really liked your pine needle basket ,I love rustic..it is really lovely..how long did it take to make?I saw the gourdbeader too but my puter was slow loading the pics.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Its taken about 7 sessions of around an hour I spose. Most of that is me swearing cause the thread gets caught on the sheaths! LoL

Ooh,I'd like to see that...you swearing of course!! lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.