First worm and broccoli

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

If you bothered to look at this thread, you were probably saying "first worm?, What's the big deal?" Well, I've been in this forum whining about not being able to find a single worm at our new house. Today, DH and I were edging around a lasagna bed that we made in November, and lo and behold, a big ol worm!! What excitement! Now we only saw one, but where's there's one, surely there are others. I think Lasagna Gardens and Compost rule. A funny thing, when the guy came to grade around the house, he brought some topsoil with him. Suddenly, we have broccoli plants coming up all around, and last summer we had what looked like portobello mushrooms. They really looked just like the ones you get at Whole Foods, but there was no way we were going to try lawn mushrooms. I wonder if we should try the broccoli. I don't mind having the broc where there is supposed to be lawn. It'll just be more greens for the lasagna garden.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Congratulations on your first worm. You are right. if one found it's way to your bed you can be sure that there are others and that more will come.

Fresh broccoli, stir fried broccoli, steamed broccoli...your going to have the best tasting lawn in town :~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.