favorite garden magazines

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I just picked up Country Gardens mag yesterday. What a great issue. Gorgeous pics. Great articles about lilacs, old picket fences and large gardens. A huge organic garden, a historical garden, rose garden and a strawberry festival. Gotta love those garden mags.

I have hundreds of them. Just cant throw em away.

I also just got bhg's Perennials mag a week ago. its full of great info too. It discusses drought tolerant plants, border beads, astibles, plant sales, gertrude jekyll, etc....

good stuff

What do you guys read?

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

I have enjoyed Garden Gate for several years. I love Birds and Blooms too!

those are great ones too. i started getting birds and blooms when i was about 16 i think. Always loved the sweet charm of it.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I also really like the Gard Gate and Birds and Bloom and I cant dispose of the either. Love the photos and the tips, well just all of it :):):)Ronna

I save all of them. Old rose catalogs get turned into rose collages. My magazines serve as future inspiration. Cant get rid of em.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

''Horticulture" magazine wins my vote. It has the detailed info I need, has a pronunciation guide, zone by zone growing info, good links, a buyers guide.

I share all my older magazines with the members of my Garden Club. Last night I shared 4 shopping bags full, they were threatening to take over the house.

Yeah, Horticulture mag is great. I havent gotten it in forever though.

Greenbush, MI(Zone 4b)

Garden Gate, Horticulture, Fine Gardening, all the bgh mags, Birds and Blooms, and whatever I can get my hands on.

I second that one. Anything that bhg puts out is top notch. they always have such great photos.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

yeah, I like all the step by steps. I have a gardening encyclopedia that my husband bought me a couple of years ago. Im surprised there are any words left on it!!! I know its a book but wanted to share that I love it!!! Ronna

i have so many garden books. I love anything martha puts out.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

lol not me!

i dont really get any now days
I use to get garden design for years
Now i just get my NHGC magazine cuz I'm in the club

I have daves who needs a magazine or has time! LOL

Lexington, MI(Zone 6a)

I used to get Fine Gardening, it's great for dreaming! Loved Garden Gate and Horticulture magazines too. Don't have the time to read them anymore, but picked up a March issue of Martha...I want my vegetable garden to look like hers! LOL

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Sorry I used to work at Kmart and gag when ever I see "her" name...LOL.

Lexington, MI(Zone 6a)

I used to live near Kmart's headquarters and knew several people who worked there. Her visits were not something anyone looked forward to! But I have to give her credit for hiring some very talented people -- writers, gardeners, etc. I rarely buy magazines anymore, way to many ads and not enough content in most of them. Just thought her garden layout was interesting in that issue. Now a days the only mags I regularly receive are professional -- Greenhouse Grower & Grower Talks. The industry is going 'green' & sustainable this year in a lot of what they're writing about.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I try never to watch her!!!

I love martha! Strange i know. She has the rep for being a bit of a monster but ya gotta admire her straight up tough attitude. I like her products a lot and her mags.

yeah, ill admit it! Im a martha lover!!!LOL
michelle

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well everyone has there own opinions!!!! But I will stick to Daves Garden and all the experts here.... We do have many. :):): Ronna

I love Daves. A couple others i enjoy are yougrowgirl.com and of course gardenweb.com

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

hey i got two great ones today... ordering cataloges....one is for 25.00 free merchandise from audubon workshop and the other is for gardens alive both 25.00 free stuff you dont even have to purchase anything!!!! Ive gotten them from brecks before and snapped it right up... never ordered from gardens alive but i will now for free items... i like audubon workshop though they really have nice stuff happy happy, smile smile.... Ronna

how exciting!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.