I don't know if this is the start of a Poppy?

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I think that last fall I planted somepoppy seed in that spot and just wonder if this is what they look like when starting. It is the first time thatI have grown them I have no name for them as I got them from a friend
Dimmer(AKA) Kim

Thumbnail by Dimmer
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I think it looks more like a bulb, maybe a daffodil? Poppies come up with a lot less mass than that and not quite as early. You'll see them come up later this spring. Whatever it is will be nice for you I bet.

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Its just so nice to see thing spring up I still have some snow on the ground but not around the house The snow did melt once and I had bud so I am hopping that my bulbs that I did plant haven't died. thanks for the help I just have to wait and see what comes up
Kim

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Those early spring bulbs are so hardy. And your poppies will likely be fine as they won't get going until it is much warmer.

It has been the longest winter ever. I'm just happy to see brown grass at this point. It will all be green in no time at all.

Paris, TX

Those don't look like poppies to me either. I also started some from seed in the fall. I have something that has come up and am just hoping that is what it is. I never can remember exactly what I put where. Too bad I don't keep a diary. May be next year I will do that.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Dimmer, poppies are tiny when they germinate, I have a terrible time seeing them. Like tiny pieces of green thread at first.

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

These definitely look like they're growing from a bulb. The reddish tips resemble alliums. Keep us posted and let us know what they turn out to be!

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I sure will thanks
Dimmer(AKA) Kim

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

My few poppies that did grow are already blooming.. I live in a much warmer area.. all my spring bulbs are already bloomed out... hostas and daylilies are next...

Those definitely look like bulbs growing.. what have you planted there?

Tammie

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

They are bubls I have seen nothing growing yet but maybe they were old I will just have to wait its still kimd of cold and I don't even see my hosta comming yet
Dimmer

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

Dimmer, most of my hostas are just starting to peek through the ground. However I see nothing yet in areas where the soil is colder.

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Maybe the wild Animals ate them squirrls bad speller
Dimmer

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.