How to tell if Cannas will come back

Norristown, PA

I left my Cannas out all winter. I figure the best way to tell if they are going to come back is to dig up a tuber and if it is not mush than they will come back. Any thoughts ?

i am watching the top of mine, afiad i will put the spade thru the tuber! there is a little color in what looks like a leaf that is gonna unfurl, am waiting an chcecking daily. my zone is 9a but it was in the 20s here is all. Is there any topgrowth at all?
fernman23

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I have cannas, EE's, banna's etc die right off at the first frost and come right back. They're starting to grow right now so fernman I wouldn't worry, Papaul don't know if that will happen in your zone.

Discliamer-My soil never goes under about 55 degrees F.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

if you only get into the 20's your cannas should be fine. We get into the high teens here sometimes and my cannas don't hesitate about coming back every spring. They have spread like wildfire this year and I need to do some digging. They seem to be really tuff plants.... determined to live.

Tammie

terriff! that sounds great for PaPaul and I both~thanks for the happy words, my corner would bed sad and empty without the Cannna!!
fernman23
:Darren

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.