Blooms for the week of 3-17 to 3-23

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Just a few here in good old Southeast Texas to start the week

First is a "Area 51" like I have seen no other. This decided to show up with 7 petals. There is 1 on the underside.

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

A Pair of BlackJacks

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

A Pair of Irish Spring's

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Eye Shadow

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Kattie Jones

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Etoufee'

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Mysteria

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Fire Light

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Painted Desert

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

New Years Day

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

NIce job of growing these, Robert. I especially like the greens though IRish Spring and Kattie J will be much greener in hot weather for you. Area 51 we named for that New Mexico alien "landing" site, and there's no tellin' what it might show you from that odd zone.
;-)
Here's my prettiest bloom on a great bloom day here in SE TX. We wanted to name it for our first grandchild born a year ago, but our daughter said "er . . um . . that's kind of an Old Lady Bloom, Dad." So Susan and I named it Unforgettable, and we'll offer it to Hines Hort for patent this year . . great grower and bloomer.

Kids! Go figger!
Barry

Thumbnail by BarrysHibiscus
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Another nice one today.
Fiery Furnace, rights assigned to Matt.

Barry

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Just georgeous! I love Area 51 and Eye Shadow!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH - I have to get Fiery Furnace!!

This message was edited Mar 17, 2008 11:14 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

AHS Hibiscus of the Year last year, I think it was . . anyhow, its ours and its nice:
Climax

Barry

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Just beautiful!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Today's version of the new Avant Garden

Barry

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Lovely!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Great little 7" bloomer, Wisdom . .

Barry

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

amanda, we've got to stop meeting like this . .
;-)
ONe more today: Gothic Romance, can be more purple, but still nice today, and a very good bloomer . .

Peace,
Barry

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

I know! I decided to stop for a while and wait until you were through! Ha! Lots of gorgeous blooms!!!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Ooh...Fiery Furnace is going on my wish list right next to Stuffed Jalapeno! Matt better get busy propagating!

Robert--I love Kattie Jones and Eye Shadow...those are both gorgeous!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Robert,
I am still asking myself why I did not get a Kattie Jones! Can you put one aside for me and I will buy when tax relief check comes in?
Also, your Etoufee (my very fav hib) is outstandingly beautiful. Also, Area 51 and New Years day are knockouts.

Barry,
Why is Matt making us wait for Fiery Furnace? (lol) Avant Garden and Unforgettable are also quite beautiful. But, alas, I will never see an Unforgettable :(

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Cat - you might! If Hines picks it up, it should be available in a few years at our Home Depots. In which case, I can pick one up for you and ship it. :)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Amanda, Have I told you I wuv you?!?

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Here are mine for today:

Amazon Queen

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Bold Idea.

I love this flower. Yesterday it was bright red. Today it is a deep purple wine. Beautiful.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Mon Cher

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Tigers Eye.

This one makes me feel rich, because it looks so much like silver and gold.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Tropicana

In all its full glory. This is how she looked at Matts, and I am so glad she is finally looking this way for me :)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

White Diamonds

I wasn't sure if I liked this one. The fall colors were kind of boring. But her spring colors are knockouts! The pic doesn't really show the beauty. She is deep blue with olive edges and white middle petals. Spectacular.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Cat - It's no problem! In fact, I need to make a run here in about a month or so and see what they're offereing of Barry's. I'll let you guys know! They shouldn't be anything that Matt or Robert sell. :)

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

They are ALL stunning, you guys and gals cease to amaze me!!

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

You guys are just killing me with these amazing blooms!!! White Diamonds from Cat, and Robert Area 51 is awesome!

And Barry, I love the color on Wisdom :-)

karen

I actually have a pic to share!!! This is from a couple days ago, and is a shot of Cajun Moon twins. Thanks to the terrific Robert for such beautiful, perfectly packaged plants :-)

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Karen -

He does take extreme care when shiping them, doesn't he? And you can tell he takes good care of his plants, as well. I just got this same plant from him earlier this month (Cajun Moon) and my blooms are identical to yours!! Aren't they fabulous?

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Karen,
Gorgeous!

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Very Nice Blooms everyone.
Karen it's good to see you posting! And Beautiful Twins!!! It will bloom large doubles also.

Robert

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm doing a late posting to this week's thread ... this is my very first Nightrunner!!!

Thumbnail by AmandaTaylor7
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

WooHoo, it's awesome! Good work.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.