Mystery solved!

Salt Point, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks to all of you for the help. I took Victor garden's advice and put it on the plant id site. It's Anemone ranunculoides.

Thumbnail by Gardenfrances
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Cool!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh good you found out what it is. Somebody always knows at plant ID. :)

Does the foliage remain dense the rest of the year?

Salt Point, NY(Zone 5a)

No, it dies back mid summer. Once it gets established in an area it forms nice clumps and is great in a shady, woodland garden. It's cheerful and spreads nicely without being invasive. BTW it was someone from Great Britian that id'ed it. That really blew me away!

I saw that Resin ID'd it. He is quite amazing.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Thanks..........I was following this ID too. My neighbor gave me a start years ago. He did not know what it was. It is the first flower to bloom in our North Central Pennsylvania gardens. It is bringing us cheer as we speak. I have two small spots of it about a foot in diameter. As mentioned above it is not at all invasive. I'm now glad to know what it is. Ditto...."it dies off not to long after blooming and hides until the next spring". By comparrison....the spring bulbs are just starting to show their first new growth. One week out from under the snow this here to fore unknown is always up and blooming. Neat!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.