Has anyone seen/used this "trellis"

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok...not REALLY a trellis but I couldn't think of a better name - brain remains MIA most the time. Found these at Wally World today...and thought hmmmm....for those of us with limited space...and bought TWO! Only run $5...I like that they can be taken down at the end of the season...that they're free-standing - so I can have a splash of color wherever I'd like. Sadly they are only about 5' tall and some of that, of course, will be lost when inserted in the ground. Sooo what do ya'll think?

This message was edited Mar 16, 2008 5:53 PM

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

2nd pic

Thumbnail by Chantell
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Looks like a good idea! Let us know how you like it!

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

I used these last year for my tomato plants (hate those wire cages). They worked beautifully! Very sturdy.

Hmmmm....very good idea using them for climbing vines! I don't have alot of vertical space around my house (already taken up with trellis' and whatnot). I could stick one of these right in the middle of my flower beds and it would not stick out like a 'sore thumb'.

Thanks for such a great tip!

carole

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

carole - thank YOU for sharing your first-hand exp. with them. They seemed very sturdy to me...hmmm...thinkin' I might pick up a "few" more this weekend...LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.