Tall coleus?

Ottawa, ON(Zone 4a)

What are the tallest coleus varieties? I saw an awe-inspiring pot full of tall, frilly-leaved coleus in a Home Depot earlier this year. Wasn't about to shell out for it, but would love to try growing one myself if I knew which varieties of coleus would be tall enough. Anyone know?

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

Janet, how tall is tall? Mine are about 18" right now, not counting the flower stalks. I can't recall the name but I ordered the seed from Parks. (I am just starting to harvest the seed myself). Julie

Ottawa, ON(Zone 4a)

Julie, it seems to me the ones I saw were even taller. But 18" sounds like a good start! ;o) What colours and leaf shape have you got?

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

I don't know, but I would gladly take a pic for you & e-mail it! Most of them are med & dark red with green. I can't describe them. Send me your e-mail address & I will send the pic! (Gee, don't I just sound like the experienced gardener! LOL) Julie

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Janet
I've got some of the sun coleus that are heading for 4 feet tall and still growing!! I will be saving seed, they're blooming now. These seem to be the tallest: Volcano, Solar Eclipse, Solar Flair, Alabama Sunset, Christmas Candy and Burgundy Ruffles. I have a few that I grew from seed that are huge, not just tall, but the leaves are HUGE.
Cala
PS: It will be close to Halloween before I have seed. I will post them on Seed Trading when they're ready.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 4a)

Wow, Cala! Got any pictures? You realize of course that I need more seeds like I need a hole in the head, but I will probably succumb...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.