Anyone have iris 'TINK'?

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a ton of named iris, to trade for this one, if anyone has it, and is interested.
Thanks
-Taylor

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I don't have any, but Denise does at:

Snowpeak Iris and Daylilies, LLC
Her email is : denise@snowpeakiris.com
Her web site is:
http://www.snowpeakiris.com/
If you go to the Iris link and look under T you will see price and under Photos you will see the picture. Normally Denise sells iris, but you might be able to talk her into a trade. I have done business with her and find her a pleasure to deal with.

Hi there-
Thank you for your response.

Yes, I've ordered from her, before. She is friendly and send generous amounts.

If memory serves me correctly(correct me Denise, if I am wrong, please), but she is amoung several that said it would be several years until their stock would be recovered enough to sell again.

Superstition has them(confirmed by email and phone conversation) and every iris I've ever gotten out of California(whether bought, or traded for)has been HUGE.

I intend to buy from him, if a trade does not materialize. I just thought a trade would be more fun, and a better bargain for both in
volved.
-T

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, well, I hope you find some one to trade with!

I just broke down and orderd some from superstition iris.

Now it will be a long wait until july...

That is another reason I prefer trades. They can be done year round. It is hard for me to get the scheduling right on ordering iris. I always seem to think of them, when it is the wrong time of the season to be ordering them, lol

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I certainly understand about the scheduling problem. The first time I ever ordered from Schreiner's -- many years ago, I sent them a check and everything. Eventually, quite a long eventually,. I got my check back and a letter from the then Mr. Schreiner saying that they closed down the whole operation in September and wouldn't be sending any more iris until the next summer. I was really surprised!
Trading is great if you have something to trade. I am still in the early stages of starting my iris collection -- the onesies and twosies stage for most cultivars. Well -- someday I will be able to trade.

LOl...onesies & twosies, lol...

that about describes my collection perfectly, lol

Santa Ynez, CA

I have Tink and it is great, the colors are wonderful, Superstition is great and it will be worth the wait:)

pics, please!! I'd love to see them.

It is definitely a unique iris, and I just love the "easter colors".

Roger was really nice and even let me pink my bonus. I picked another pretty one: artist's palette.

Have you visited their iris garden in person? I would much rather see the iris in person, instead of just a catalog photo.

Santa Ynez, CA

I will have to look and if I have tink pic's, I saw a picture and loved it, and it did bloom for me and it was beautiful. they are great at superstition, I have bought from them at least 3 years now and their rhizomes are HUGE and Denise from snowpeak said there gardens are phenomenal, I hope to see a couple gardens this spring:)

Lebanon, OR

Here is TINK

Thumbnail by irisloverdee

Hi Denise!
Have your TINK multiplied well enough for this year?

I'm looking forward to enjoying blooms from the ones I got from you, last year. I think my favorite so far has been
ENCHANTED ONE:

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Lebanon, OR

It decided to do fairly well this year, some years it goes nuts and others just kinda sits and does nothing. Think it is one iris that does not like to moved every year.

I liked EO as welll.

Enjoy, spring is coming Or so the calendar says. Just really sick of 8 days of rain.

D

Denise-
how far are you from Portland? I may be visiting there again come Spring. I wanted to stop by the rose gardens there, and would love to do an iris visit too.
:0)

Lebanon, OR

I am 30 south east of Salem so about 1 1/2 hours south. Easy to get to, I would love to met you in person.

Are you going to be at Nationals this year?

No, but I will definitely come see you when I get to Portland, again.

Last visit we drove 2&1/2 hours to visit a nursery, so 1&1/2 would be a piece of cake.

What are the best months to come? I think he told me May/June for the rose garden...
-Taylor

Santa Ynez, CA

Denise I hope you did not think I leaving you out of the mix, I was not sure if you had tink, Marie

Lebanon, OR

No problem makj, didn't think that at all.

May is the best month for the iris and usually if we get a warm spell May and June for the roses.

Hope to see you.

I have taken off and driven 3 hours for a nursery, ADDICTED TO Plants, NAH not us.

D

Santa Ynez, CA

I would love to come see your garden Denise, I am having a time getting my husband to drive 4-5 hours (spend the night) to see Sutton's as it is the only iris garden very close. I am hoping to at least start there and then next year bloom time get to you:)

Lebanon, OR

HOpe to see you too next year.

D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.