March Daily Weather III, Spring a week away

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy all,
Well here this bright and early morning it was just lovely on my way home at 3:30AM.
54.3 °F / 12.4 °C
Clear
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 37 °F / 3 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 29.85 in / 1010.7 hPa (Falling)
Today we expect 70° F | 57° F, With a 50% chance of rain
I have enjoyed Sharon's car show and Kelli's Rome and wild flowers.
Hope everyone will come to our new thread
Here's a shot of my jobsite.
;Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Se_eds – Thanks for the info.
Deb – Lovely flowers! What kind of flower is that?
Kelli – Love the view from the 4th picture! I’ve never heard of a coral tree…very pretty as are the flowers!
Marsue- It always amazes me about the number of vehicles I’ve never heard of when I go to this car show. That’s why I can’t remember so many! There were over 350 vehicles in the show this year. I’m only showing those that I really liked or can remember something about. I’ve always enjoyed going to car shows.
Ric – The Pulmonaria looks lethal and pretty at the same time! Can’t wait to see them and the petasites florets open! Where did you find the “weeds” plaque? I need that one badly! LOL!
Sidney - You're working at what I call the "cloud maker farm"! LOL!

51.8 °F / 10 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 49%
Dew Point: 34 °F / 1 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa(Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft / 6096 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Today
Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. A 50 percent chance of showers. High 70. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

You lookin' at me?!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sharon THANKS for the Car photos!

The Weeds Brick I found at a sale at John Demitrious's Plant Sale.
It's actually from a Brick Kit you can buy.

http://www.yardlover.com/products.php?pid=4606

Ric

(Zone 7a)

We had some snow last night and it snowed for a second this morning. More tonight? We'll see.

37°F
Feels like: 30°F

Barometer: 29.8 in and rising
Dewpoint: 29°
Humidity: 73%
Visibility: 8 miles
Wind: 9 mph WSW
Sunrise: 7:39 AM
Sunset: 7:34 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Great seaside pic, Sharona. (sigh) I miss the ocean...

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

so many pictures so little time. i am partial to lupines!

we are planting Old English Game chickens there LOL

...here is the finishing touch on that wall. DH rolled on the paint [easier than the concrete sealer!], and is building pens for the little OEGs we are hatching out... the pens already look different today!

still a beautiful "spring-like" day here. which means we are really in for it later on! hopefully we will have a WET spring, notice the gutter, it will go into water barrels for watering the chickens and their garden! there will be doors knocked out of the block [unfilled] to go into their Hen Havens.

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
(Zone 7a)

Very nice set up.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

thanks, it WILL be. just a mess right now. we are two years behind in finishing this, and it is aggravating that we are behind on our own house as well.

Sidney, you are having WAY too much fun. You said this would be an EASY job!

Sharon, DH & I are living vicariously through your pics. We love going to car shows too. Likely would never have one that nice or huge around these parts! Thank you!

Kwanjin, i miss the ocean too ;-(

tf

Ric, a brick kit sounds just what we need, thanks!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good afternoon, everyone! :-) It's a gorgeous day here. It rained last night, but we have mostly sunny skies now. The Texas Mountain Laurels are still blooming and the Mexican Plum is also in full bloom. It smells SO good in the front yard!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 12:11pm CDT (20 min ago)
Temperature 73 °F 23 °C
Dew Point 66 °F 19 °C
Humidity 78%
Pressure 29.74 in 1007 mb
Wind Speed 15 MPH
G 21 13 kts
G 18
Wind Dir SSW 200°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 77 °F 25 °C
Current Conditions Mostly Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 69.1°F / 20.6°C

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Here's just the plum tree.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
(Zone 7a)

Yup. Spring is definitely creeping north. It just needs to come faster. ☺

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

What you really can't see in the picture is the dozens and dozens of happy bees and butterflies buzzing around both trees. I caught a butterfly in profile in this one...

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
(Zone 7a)

I see it! Cute!

Morning all, LOL
Yes seeds what we are doing at this facility is cleaning up those clouds.
Off to get ready for work.
Marylyn those are some pretty flutterbys.
;)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ric: the onlypart of your "flowers" that I recognize are the weeds! LOL
Sidney: is that a nuclear power plant?
TF: looks like your hubby is doing a good job on the chicken "planters". Wish I had access to some fresh eggs.
Sharon: pretty bird--I assume that is a seagull?
Marylyn: your plum tree is a lot larger than ours. We planted two flowering plums last autumn but they are only about 8 feet tall. Could you ID the butterfly?
Celia: we had rain last night but no snow--thank goodness!

It's currently 58º and just partly cloudy. It was overcast earlier but the clouds are going away and the sun is shining.

Here's a photo of one of our flowering plums in bloom.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

and here is a photo of our weeds. I know what these are from my Girl Scout days but can any of you identify them?

Thumbnail by marsue
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

marsue, looks like purple larkspur to me. i'll go get my weed book for the proper name. i know how to ship eggs, but it owuldn't be cheap LOL

marylyn, i can't wait to smell lilacs in a few months, if i can keep the goats out of them!

sid, gonnna call barb and see if she'll water those iris beds so i can come dig them by next weekend.

somewhere i have a pic of a monarch we hatched and released last november... meanwhile, how about twin chicks?

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Cute chicks, TF. You are correct--those eggs would probably be much too expensive. LOL I'll be waiting to see if the "weed" is ID'd as purple larkspur. When I was a Girl Scout leader many moons ago, we learned that it was called "self-heal" by the pioneers because they used it for medicinal purposes--one of which was to cure sore throats.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

oh, haven't grab bed the book yet. doing math tests.... going now.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

the lfower reminded me of the buttercup family. but it may be from the figwort family, persian speedwell. also called birdseye speedwell and winter speedwell:

"Annual or winter annual that forms a dense groundcover. Stems are weak, prostrate, often with ascending tips. Lower leaves are paired on the stem, while the upper leaves are alternate. Leaf blades are somewhat longer than broad, coarsely toothed, with short petioles. Flowers are sky-blue having dark stripes with white centers and are borne on long slender stalks in the leaf axils. Fruits are heart shaped and hariy.
A native of Eurasia, this plant was probaly intorduced as a border or rock garden ornamental. It is now widespread in the US."

marsue, i may have a way of getting you eggs. see your dmail...

tf

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well, i believe i am totally wrong, suddenly occurred to me that is HENBIT! IN THE MINT FAMILY rub a leaf and see if it smells minty. otherwise it's speedwell... we get it here a lot, spreads fast...

another chick...

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Awww.. TamaraFaye.. Rub it in, why don't'cha!?! LOL I looooooove lilacs, but they don't grow down here. My grandmother had lilacs and peonies in her yard, and I miss both of them. Cute chicks. :-)

Marilyn, I can recognize Monarch butterflies, but I don't know the names of any other kind, so all I can tell you is that it wasn't a Monarch. :-) I should get a butterfly book. Your plum blossoms are beautiful! Our Mexican plum blooms every year, but never fruits. I don't know if it is supposed to or not... Maybe it needs another plum in the area to cross-pollinate with?

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Marsue, your weeds look to me like henbit. It's a weed here, too. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/53157/

Marylyn, your butterfly looks like a painted lady. If you've got a lot of them, they are probably on their spring migration.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on March 14, 2008
68 °F / 20 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 39 °F / 4 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h / 3.6 m/s from the ENE

Some more pictures from yesterday.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Recovering from the fire last fall. (Isn't the sky pretty here?)

Thumbnail by Kelli

Stinging lupine is a fire-follower. That is, it is most abundant after a fire.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Collar lupine is also a fire-follower.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kelli, I think you may be right about my "weed". There wasn't a single one of these in our yard last year and now they have covered a small portion of the front yard. DH is going to have to get out his sprayer. When I first glanced at your post about the lupine I thought it said "singing lupine" and I thought "How nice!" but then I realized it said "stinging lupine" and I thought, "Ouch!". LOL

I don't know much about butterflies, either, Marylyn, which is why I asked YOU for the name of that one. LOL
TF, I am going over to dmail now.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

marsue - those little pink florets looks like "Henbit" - Lamium amplexicaule. It pulls out easily in the spring. Old timers used to say " Henbit or Horsemint" shows a need for lime. Don't know if it is true or not.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Rain in the area. Supposed to turn into snow in the morning but won't accumulate and will be done by early afternoon.

Winter still has a grip on us it appears. :~(

Currently: 50°F Cloudy
Currently: 10°C Cloudy
Wind: North-Northeast at 9 MPH
Humidity: 71%
Dewpoint: 41°F
Barometer: 29.70 inches
Wind Chill: 46°F
Wind: North-Northeast at 14 KPH
Humidity: 71%
Dewpoint: 5°C
Barometer: 1005 millibars
Wind Chill: 7° C
Sunrise: 7:30 am
Sunset: 7:25 pm

Se_eds, I'd say it isn't true, at least not everywhere. I get henbit and with this alkaline soil, the last thing I need is lime.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Kelli I was going to ask if the Lupines were cranking due to the fires.
I guess you answered that! lol!

Rain all day here.
Clear and gorgeous tonight.
Lots of fog moving in though.
Dense Fog Alert

...widespread dense fog overnight...

.high pressure settling in overnight will provide mostly clear
skies and light winds. this will combine with moisture on the
ground to allow for widespread dense fog overnight.

50's thru the weekend.
60's by Tuesday!

Ric

(Zone 7a)

It snowed today. I was on the west side of our building at work and looked out the window and it was snowing. Looked like a blizzard going on out there. I walked upstairs to the east doors and there was nothing but sunshine! Springtime in the Rockies. I love it.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

wow...

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow, indeed, Celia! It seems that the whole U.S. has been having crazy weather this past year!
se_eds, I was going to say that I would look into that about needing lime in our yard until Kelli said what she did. " 'Tis a puzzlement!" LOL
We had thunderstorms during the night. DH said it sounded like hail on the roof at one point but I slept through the whole thing.
Currently it is 52º and heading up into the 60's. Overcast with a 20% chance of rain.
I took this photo at dusk last night. I don't know why it appears to be "Dyson dark" because it wasn't at all. I did use a flash.

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

Yeah, fun, huh?

Fair31°F
Feels like: 24°F

Barometer: 29.8 in and falling
Dewpoint: 25°
Humidity: 78%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 7 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:37 AM
Sunset: 7:35 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

More snow and rain today. So they say. It's been clear the last hour or so. maybe later the clouds will move in.

Hi, Mau!

Well I've been astonished at the tornado hit in downtown Atlanta.
I have always had a vaccum hose on the top of a table theory about those.
This is the first time ever I have doubted myself on that.
Marylyn #1, I too wish I could grow the lilacs.
Marylyn #2, No this plant is fossil fuel. The Nuclear don't emit greenhouse gasses.
It's sunny but windy.
Sidney

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Sunny and cool here. A little moisture in the air [i.e., above 10% rH!]

We are hatching out here...forgive the red brooder lamp

This message was edited Mar 15, 2008 3:12 PM

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sidney, I'm terrified about the tornado in Atlanta too! Those poor people!
I'm glad spring is starting everywhere ! Here's some forsythia blooming in my garden, that is the one I took care of at the block.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

I s getting warm here, it'll be 66 tomorrow and sunny!

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi, Celia!
TF--that is a red chicken if I ever saw one--LOL
Adina: I love forsythia but I don't have one here at this house. I need to get one.

We haven't made it up into the 60's yet but the sun just came out from behind a cloud.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

better pic

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.