Id's please

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

I'm hoping these are the last ones I need help with. It's just that some of them got mixed up and I'm new at this.

Thumbnail by 3gardeners
Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

And this one

Thumbnail by 3gardeners
Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

I just have 2 ID's. Can't anyone drop me a quick answer. These were SO big, I might want to get them again.

cn

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

HELLO, Heelloo, heellooo. Anybody there? there, there. Have all the amaryllis people gone for the season?

San Gerardo de Rivas, Costa Rica(Zone 12b)

Haha! This isn't a live chat forum 3gardeners. It's slow because today is a religious holiday for a lot of folks. I'm not good at ID-ing, but if you browse the PlantFiles database, you might spot yours. Hope this helps!

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?searcher%5Bcommon%5D=amaryllis&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&search_prefs%5Bblank_cultivar%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search

Don't know why I didn't think of it before. This thread has lots of photos and ID's so you might find yours here as well.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/818911/

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one out there. :-)

Per your suggestion, I've been looking through the PlantFiles. This really is the best way to learn. Anyway, I think I have it narrowed down, but since I'm so new at this and so many look very similar, I'd love a second opinion.

I think the first photo is "Happiness", but it could also be "Red & White".

The second one looks like "Toronto"

Before I put the label marker at their feet, can someone verify?

Thanks again for the "Hello" vanillaman!

P.S. I'm celebrating Easter too! Enjoy yours.

You too 3gardeners. Hope the Easter Bunny is good to you, lol!

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

I think that Toronto may be right or right next-door anyway.

Not sure about Happiness. Usually they're redder, but it might be due to lower light at your place.

R.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Does it look more like Red and White to you?

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

The first plant doesn't look like a "good old red-and-white" to me. Is there one that is actually named (registered) as 'Red and White'? I think that the name is a generic marketing name that could be applied to any un-named red and white cultivar rather than a specific hybrid.

It looks like some of the Amourettes I've seen.

R.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.