Iris catalogs

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I have a really solid collection of iris catalogs but I am looking to fill in the gaps. I am looking for schreiners and cooleys catalogs. Let me know if you have any and you dont want them any more. Unlikely but it is possible:)
thanks
michelle

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I would be interested in the names of the companies you have some from-I only have like 2...:(

I have about 16 years of both schreiners and cooleys. Over 30 years of Keppels, few ghios, six or so years of midamerica, one maryott, a few ensata, 5 or 6 years of suttons.

Thanks!! I do have 1 ??-how come you keep them for so long?? I always toss mine, so I just want to make sure I am not missing something important...

Cus i grow hundreds of irises and they help as a i.d. catalog for me on ones i dont know, and simply cus i love em.

You throw them away! Oh the humanity!!!LOL

well if yoiu want to get rid of any you have and i dont already have them let me know what you have. Thats was quite the sentence!

Oh-OK-I get it-I was just thinking (oh no-I need to save them!!). I think I have a couple iris ones, will have to look & see what ones they are when I get home...

Nope, its purely for pleasure and helps me with i.d.'s. I really enjoy looking at them. Its also a good way to find parentage.

Oh-that reminds me-to corss bread or whatever it is called (sorry I don't know all the technical terms yet) you just take the stamen of 1 and rub it on the beard of another 1-is that right???

yup! Well sort of. You have to rub it on the stigmatic lip not the beard. Its pretty easy to do but its from that point on when all the work begins. If you go to irises.org you will find all kinds of info on iris. Its the American Iris Soc. page. You can also look up all the commercial growers such as schreiners, cooleys, suttons, mid-america, and so many more.

THANKS!!

Raleigh, NC

ok flowrgirl - that does it - I'm coming over to your place JUST to read your keppels catalogues. How many do you have from spoon?

No spoons, i dont think? Which catalog does he put out. Keppel is great. He sent them all to me for around 10 bucks!

Hey-R U doing an iris co-op this summer??

I'm not sure. I dont think so cus i have the fall bulb shipping to do and the Peony co op as well. I think some one else does one every year though. I hope they do at least!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.