Welcome!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Welcome to the new Hybridizers discussion forum!

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you so much Terry!! You too Dave!! You are the BEST!
**** I knew there was something special about March 11th!

I plan to use this often. I can't wait to see what develops!

~Margie

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Great addition to Daves Garden!

Thank You.

South Hamilton, MA

Since we all work with different plants, we will get a lot of information & perhaps a better appreciation of the plants we enjoy in the garden. THANK YOU for the start. I don't know what the situation in other plant breeding, but iris information is quite old. bw, can you explain the plants you are working on? I know that hosta breeders claim that in order to get variegated foliage, the variegated one must be used as the pod parent. DH and I work with the smaller irises--he is the experimenter between classifications just to see what happens. What is gained with tet. hostas? Are the leaves different? Are the flowers more fertile? Certainly when iris became tet.,it led to the development of the maze of color we have today.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks Terry!!

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

Thankyou Terry,
Arghhh! Now I will be watching 19 Forums! Doing the Happy Dance. My hybridization interests are mainly in Bulbous plants, especially Hippeastrums and Ixias. I am also interested in succulent plants. My only problem is the long wait times between pollination and results in my chosen plant groups. It will be fun to see what other people can do with speedier growing plants while I am waiting for my own results.

TTFN, Kaelkitty.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.