I need instructions on building wood bins PLEASE

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Hello all, I have recently demo'd an old mobile home and have a lot of lumber left and some fabric type fiber glass screens. Does anyone have instructions on how to build a bin out of wood? I alos have a lot of old drawers from the built ins that I saved could I use them?

Thanks, George

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

George; your best bet would be if you saved the bathtubs from the mobile home and used that. I salvaged an old cast iron tub and set it under a shade tree out behind my shop, then 1/2 filled it with dirt,some old compost,and ground leaves. I feed them about once every week or two, I "skimmed off" some castings this weekend for some lettuce and two pounds of worms are now Millions

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. The old ways are the best. Grandpa used an old fridge that had quit and did the same thing (that you did with the tub). Those depression era folks never let anything go to waste. I wish I had 1/2 of his enginuity and energy. That man could out work a teenager when he was in his 80's. I sure do miss him. Thanks for your help and for sending me down memory lane.

George the Bear in San Antonio

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.