It snowed with a vengeance!!

North Augusta, ON

I hope it's done...

Thumbnail by threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

This is the back deck. It's almost 5 feet off the ground.

Thumbnail by threegardeners
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh wow. I hope that this is the end of big storms for you and a nice gentle melt will commence soon. Good grief where do you put it even if you can shovel it away?My goodness you certainly have had your share and then some. Stay safe up there.

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow LeeAnne! And I thought it was cold here. I covered my Batflower plant last night because they said it would get to 32. I moved everything potted into the greenhouse and plugged in the heat lamp. Then this morning I bundled up in my jacket and took this picture of low tide and it was so cold you could see the mist coming off the bayou.
Then I see THIS! Holy moly!

Pam

Thumbnail by PamelaQ
North Augusta, ON

I don't know where we're going to put it all!!

I'm glad the shoveling is DH's job, ever since he bought that new curvy shovel...LOL I can't make it work for the life of me.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Wow.

(Zone 4a)

Holy cow threegardeners!!! That is an amazing amount of snow!! We don't even have that much and we are way up North! I hope you guys have a snowblower....if not tell dh to be careful while shoveling that stuff - a lot of men are known to have heart attacks while shoveling....

North Augusta, ON

No snowblower...he keeps asking and I keep saying that at $20 a storm I can pay someone to come and plow it for a lot of years for the price of a snowblower...he won't let me hire someone to plow, so he keeps shoveling :))

(Zone 4a)

Hahaha men can be so stubborn eh?

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

For us, a snowblower is the only way to go. Good golly, LeeAnne! You got a TON of snow yesterday! I hope you don't get trapped in it.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I will NEVER complain about snow in my neck of the woods again....

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

we just had a very nice man with a tractor/ snowblower come and do our driveway... the truck was parked so it was clear, but the two other cars pulled to in front of the garage were completely covered, just white lumps under the snow....

Our driveway usually stays clear, but the height of the snowpiles on either side allowed the snow to drift in, deep.... and with the storm yesterday......

this is the most snow we've had since 1971....... let's hope it's the last snowstorm of the season.....

I'm ready for the spring thaw... anytime.....

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Good grief! I'd cry if we got that right now! My sincere condolences to all of you!!!!

This whole winter season has seemed an awful lot like the winters I remember as a kid. Does that mean I'm in my second childhood?
*grin*

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

You and me both Candyce!! Does remind me of when I was a kid.....but I liked the snow back then!!!!

Oh yeah. I loved it too, back then. Now, I just love the first snowfall of the year, and it had better be a slight dusting at that!!!

North Augusta, ON

Funny how are perspectives change as we age eh?

The dogs don't sink in to the snow, I do and they think they should be able to go anywhere they want, they don't understand I'm sinking to my knees and can't keep up!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I miss the snow we used get as kids. It would be piled up along the driveway taller than we were. We lived on a lake and we used to shovel the ice and make snow houses and skate in and out of the rooms, we'd make snow tables and chairs, it was awesome.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I don't.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Lee Anne, you need snowshoes. That'd help you keep up with the dogs.

North Augusta, ON

LOL...when I was younger I snowshoed, now I think I'd break my neck...

I only miss the snow in July and August.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.