March 2008 Blizzard Pictures

Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

Whos' got 'em? Hopefully everyone got through this OK. My sympathies extend to the folks out on the East Coast who are starting to feel this storm's effect.

-Joe

Thumbnail by joegee
Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

My Buddha is buried up to his neck. You can find him in the bottom third, center of the picture, wearing a small pointy cap of snow.

-Joe

Thumbnail by joegee

I've never seen a Buddha with a hat before! LOL

It's unusual for us to get quite this much snow. It was nice but I'm done with it now. I want spring and a bit drier weather.

This was the snow in our side yard. There's all kinds of plants buried. I'm glad that it drifted away from the house or we would have had lots of water in the basement.

Thumbnail by valrita
Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

I have some... I was thrilled we finally got a proper snow.
This is Saturday, before we shoveled the walk.
You know what's amazing... the tracks though the snow is from the Columbus Dispatch delivery, yet we didn't get mail that day.
Hip Hip Hooray for Newspaper Guy.

Thumbnail by dovey
Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

Looking out our front window

Thumbnail by dovey
Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

My birdbath with a snow cap

Thumbnail by dovey
Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

Neat pictures, Velnita and Dovey. To me there's still nothing like heavy snow blowing around the house, and curling up inside with a warm afghan and a good book.. :)

-Joe

Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

I agree Joe.
Although I guess I'm ready for spring, but I am NOT ready for hot humid summer eeps!

I love the picture looking out the front window at the bird bath!

To those snowy days, I'd also add a crackling wood fire in the fireplace, hot chocolate, and a fuzzy kitty to lay on my feet to warm them. When the kitty is finicky, a pair of big of fuzzy slippers work too.

This is how the winds blew the snow on top of our front porch. Even my porch cardinal got a white coat and hat for the occasion.

Thumbnail by valrita
Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

I love the snow capped cardinal *LOL*

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.