Foxfire Hosta Co-op - Wish List

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Steve and I have been sending emails back and forth about a Spring Co-op. About the only thing we've decided is that we will have a co-op, and I would expect that it would operate much the same as it has in the past. Oh, and we will not be offering his entire hosta list. That was nearly unmanageable for me last year. So, since Steve asked me what my top ten hostas would be for the co-op, I thought I might as well just ask my fellow hosta-holics. Let me know what you would like to see offered in our upcoming hosta co-op.

Here are some links in case you happen to be a newbie to a Foxfire Hosta Co-op:
Link to 2007 co-op: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/712415/
Link to Foxfire's web-site: http://005300c.netsolhost.com/hostas.html

Let us know what you want, and we'll see what we can do!

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Foxfire Divine Winds (or any other of the Foxfire Hosta)
Dorothy Benedict
Sand Pebbles
Yellow Flame

sue

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Foxfire Bamm Bamm
Foxfire Crying Game
Dylan's Dilly
Holly's Velvet Pie Crust
Hadspen Samphire
Cinnamon Sticks
Banana Muffins

Looking forward to this coop, as always.

Lovely lists my friends.....in fact I only have three of what is mentioned. (F. Bamm Bamm, Hadspen Samphire & Cinnamon Sticks)

Keep those lists coming everyone.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Pure Wish List: Foxfire Green Lantern or Divine Winds:lol:
Mini-Calypso
Mini-Cracker Crumbs
Mini-Pixie Vamp
Mini-Faithful Heart
Mini-Hidden Cove
Small-Hadspen Samphire
Med-Holly's Velvet Pie Crust
Med-Holy Mole
Med-Summer Breeze
Med-Brenda's Beauty
Med-Yellow Flame
Med-Dylan's Dilly
Med-Bright Lights

I'm gardening in a small space so I tend towards the smaller hosta. No matter what is chosen I know I'll find several beautiful plants to add to my garden. These are just some favorites=)

Thanks,
Donna

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

marie_ I hope this list isn't supposed to be limited to 10 Hostas from Foxfire?? Even if they were all for sale I couldn't buy them all because I don't have the room. But this list offers a variety of sizes, so if any of them end up in the final sale, I would be happy. Thank you for all your efforts:
Supernova
Allen C Haskell
Blue Shadows
Brenda's Beauty
Center of Attention
Dance with Me
Foxfire Divine Winds
Foxfire X-Philes
Grecian Lace
Regal Splash
Spilt Milk
Summer Music
Whirligig
Yellow Flame
Foxfire Rose Red
Cherry Berry
Bo Peep
Calypso
Foxfire Sanke Eyes
Geneva Stark
Island Charm
Sitting Pretty
Foxfire Bamm Bamm

Okie Dokie, Thanks marie_ Xuling

Assonet, MA(Zone 6b)

Darwins Standard
Foxfire Bamm Bamm
Cadilac
Peter Ruh
Lakeside Shoremaster
Super Nova

Just a few that I lust after. Thanks Marie :)

Waterloo, IA(Zone 4b)

Some of Steve's lovelies that interest me this spring:

Chinese Dragon Streaked/Supreme
Foxfire Irish Moon
Glad Rags
Popcorn
Regalia
Sand Pebbles
Sea White Gold

Jeff

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

The one hosta I absolutely can't get anywhere else is Foxfire Rose Red.

Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

Marie,

My wish list would be:

Sand Pebbles
FF Shadow Dancer
Dorothy Benedict
FF Night Sky
Grecian Lace
Northern Mist
Regal Promenade
Richland Surprise
Northern Sunray

Thanks,
Rose

Avon, NY(Zone 5b)

I 'll have to take more time to look but these are a few that I would like to see

Christmas Tree Gala
Cowrie
Fox Fires hostas
minis

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Marie -- 2 that i definetely need this year is
Alex Summer
Sun Power

I'll have to scour his site and re-look at last years spread sheet.

Terese

Bettendorf, IA

My "wishlist"

FF Irish Moon
FF Snake Eyes
FF Lady Linda
Hadspen Samphire
Allen C. Haskell
Blue Danube
Brim Cup
Center of Attention
Dorothy Benedict
Grecian Lace
Jack of Diamonds
Holly's Velvet Piecrust
Maraschino Cherry
Midwest Magic
Moonlight Sonata
Queen of Islip
Richland Surprise
Sea Thunder
Sea Sapphire
Torchlight

Large:
Cadillac
Carriage Wheels
Super Nova
Sum of All

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I'd probably be interested in:

FoxFire Irish Moon
FoxFire Snake Eyes
FoxFire Divine Wind
Grecian Lace

I see on the .pdf price list that FF Snake Eyes has come down in price... Is that left over TC or is that OS?

Ya know, I think a road trip up there might have to happen this year. :)

Buffalo, MN(Zone 4a)

I don't really have a wish list, but cout me in!

I think it's a TC, but I'll ask Steve. He had expected the price of F. Snake Eyes to come way down after going into TC. Unfortunately, they did not have very good luck with the TC and so they will always be pricey. When we offered the F. Snake Eyes Co-op late last season he cut the price in anticipation of being able to charge that this year. Who ever got a $50 Snake Eyes last year was very lucky because it is doubtful that he'll be able to offer them at that price again. I do hope that he'll be able to include a few in the Co-op.

He does have a new one called F. Whamm Bamm (parentage is F. Bamm Bamm) that I hope he'll let us have a few of for the Co-op. I've got a description of it somewhere, but I'm on my way out the door, so I'll post it later.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

What's that one we both want Marie? Was it Grecian Lace? I have No more room for more. I keep saying that but it's true My plants are so squished together it isn't even funny anymore, it's really pathetic.

Oh, Oh, and Lady Anette but I Know that's not gonna happen as Steve only had 4 of them last year.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2008 4:23 PM

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Yep, I think a road trip might be in order, when and if the snow ever melts....

Virginia Beach, VA

I do not have a wish list but i know I will be ordering. Bellie

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I'd be interested for sure!
Grecian Lace is one I remember wanting badly.
Any of the Foxfire hostas are good:-)
Bev

Ticker.....Just let us know when you're coming and we'll meet you there. The gardens are so beautiful that you can easily bring a picnic lunch and spend the day. Bring your camera.

Got an email that Steve and Linda are on their way to Boston to visit son and daughter and one year old grandbaby. They'll be back on Monday.

Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

I don't have a wish list as I'm just starting on my hosta journey, but I'd love to participate.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Quoting:

That was nearly unmanageable for me last year. So, since Steve asked me what my top ten hostas would be for the co-op, I thought I might as well just ask my fellow hosta-holics. Let me know what you would like to see offered in our upcoming hosta co-op.

Marie -- I must have missed this part....

and yes, i do agree with last years list being HUGE, and i'm sure very hard to manage it all, especially with all the orders you got.

so -- are you limiting it to just 10 varieties this year??

Terese

Newport News, VA(Zone 7b)

More Foxfire Irish Moon, please.

Laura

Springville, IA

Don't have a wish list yet, but count me in.

Ticker , when you do that road trip count me and BH in.

Gary

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Gary, Okie Dokie. :)

tcs.........Heavens NO! We could never limit it to ten varieties. However instead of the hundreds available last year, it will probably be closer to 40 varieties this year. Steve just asked about a top ten to get an idea of what I may have noticed that people were talking about buying for this year.

Geez......I almost panicked there for a minute. I usually have at least ten on my list alone.
must have more hostas......must have more hostas........must have more hostas......

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Marie, are you going to limit participation in the co-op this year? I think the first year you limited it to 40 people. How many people participated last year? Just curious.

Diann

Diann, We had 77 participants last year and I can't remember how many hundred hostas were ordered. But, now you've got me curious and I should go look at my records (which aren't necessarily filed properly). I didn't limit the participants during the first year either, but really can't remember how many there were.

I will always try to include whoever wants to place an order, provided it is placed within the time frames that are set in advance. The only limitation would be in supply. There is no need to hold a space or tell me you are interested. Just have your order ready and log in and place it when the co-op opens.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH Marie -- i recall a HUGE amount of plants ordered. i vaguely recall thinking... that's an average of 10 plants per person. so, it was close to 800. IIRC. and i had a measly 4 i think.

I'll just have count on you to have a more respectable order this year. ☺

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Just located this:

Quoting:

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 4, 2007
12:14 PM

Post #3463151
LOL... yep, I was... and now I'm back in town & online... however, I'm pretty sure I lost track at some point! The last note I made on this scrap of paper by the computer (love my system?) has 72 participants and 715 hostas ordered, but I think that was a couple of days before the co-op ended... :-)

so, 800 was a lil high... but 715 hostas is still an enormous amount.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I'd hate to have had to been the person that was digging all those. Yowser!

We probably did get close to 800 since the orders for 5 more DG'ers wasn't included in that, and I'm pretty sure that others added to orders at the last minute.

I think we just about killed Steve last year......but he asked for it. As a reminder, Foxfire is a one man/one woman operation. Steve is in charge of the hostas and Linda is charge of everything else. He dug, packed, and shipped every single hosta by himself. They do not have ANY hired help and their two grown children live in the Boston area.

Buffalo, MN(Zone 4a)

I ordered quite a few last year-the exact number escapes me but I got free shipping. They were wonderful-I can't wait to see them sprouting. I don't have room for that many again this year-at least not until I finish off some garden beds I have started and that won't happen until later in the season.
I can't wait to see what's offered this year!
Deb

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

HI, I'm back and count me in I'm drooling ..........Sharon

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Finances and newbiness to hostas limited me to 4 last year. I stumbled across the impatient rumblings right before the co-op opened and stuck around to see what the hubbub was about=) It was very difficult to stop at four!

'newbiness' lol

We all have trouble stopping at whatever limits we set for ourselves.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Um, yep I sure do. I have to admit to having no control whatsoever if I have room, but that won't be a problem this year cuz I have no room,,,,LOL

MANSFIELD, AR(Zone 7a)

Here is my wish list...so far. It is sure to grow!

Rainforest Sunrise
Sun Power
Touch of Class
Jade Lancer
Lunar Orbit
Blue Belle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.