your best landscape shots

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Hey all, I would love to see pictures of your yards. If you would, post a pic or two of your best yard shots. I need better shots of my yard but here is one anyway.

Its definately a project. I will get lots of better photos this year.

Thumbnail by flowrgirl1

Dori, I am moving in. Im bringing my own tent and cook out gear. I will be there in may, OK? I almost spit my coffee out when i saw your pics. Im practically green with envy. I will definately need to come visit you. Absolutely wonderful. How much land are you gardening on?
michelle

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Michelle
Come on over-may is a great time! I always can use some help! ;)
DH says i have over an acre of gardens now
we own 5acres of 160 acre family owned centennial farm
we live in the old farm house and my son lives next door now and my MIL is down the road.

i have lots more.......added some new hosta beds
this is the latest additions!

Thumbnail by notmartha

I cant wait. awesome!!!!! I will bring you some tb irises.
Michelle

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

did you say iris
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/610048/

LOL

goody, cant wait. I wish i had the space to sprea mine out. I will bring some you dont have. Hows that?lol I have around 400 var.
michelle

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori, your gardens are amazing!
I dont have any pictures...my yard is a blank slate. This will be My first spring in this house and I have a lot of bulbs and plants coming .(dang co-ops.lol) And a huge number of things I have winter sown. I have to admit I dont have a plan yet. I hope I can bring it all together.

you will have fun with a black slate.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori, you do have absolutely wonderful gardens. Mine can't hold a candle to yours!
But I've got to post my most loved picture of my garden ... It was several years ago now, and it has never looked as nice since because I keep shoving in new plants. It really is true, sometimes less is more :o)

Flowrgirl, I love the picture of your garden. I love to see whole garden shots. :o)

flowrgirl: here it is in the Spring.

Thumbnail by toofewanimals
Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Here is the same garden in Sept. after I have cut back the daylily foliage.
Yep, I found the date, the picture is from 2005. :o(

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I do have a Hosta bed that I started in '06.
Here is the 'start' picture.
I have 2 shade gardens only, one on the north side of the house, the other is here next to the school owned wooded property.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Here is the same garden last year. I was very happy with the growth of all the plants. I bought several hostas from Hallson's Gardens, many from a co-op here at Daves, and a couple from a hosta trade with a GW friend.

I have Heuchers, heucherellas, hardy geraniums, one fern tucked in there, astilbies next to the shed, and of course lots of spring bulbs. Probably WAY too many plants and will have to move them in the years ahead.

By the way, I live in suburbia with a normal sized lot. Sure wish I had Dori's acreage, but then again, maybe not ... I have no idea how she keeps up with it all!

sharon

It looks great. What a pretty garden. September 05 is great. I wish mine was more decorative. Right now its a holding yard for my collection. Not many people have gardens as great as notmartha.

michelle

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Nice pictures everyone. I'm afraid my garden is not quite as organized as those pictured here.

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Here are a few pics.

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Another

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Last one

Thumbnail by hemlady
Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Well, you and your husband certainly don't have to cut any grass Cindy !!!! I love it.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

True Kathy. We have only a bit in the front and sides. Because we live on the corner, we have the side lawn and behind the garage to do. If I had my way I would get rid of it all, lol. But I think it would be too hard keeping up with all the weeds.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Let's see if I can find a few photos to share ............... I have been concentrating on trying to get photos of each daylily bloom, and need to concentrate more on bed views and clumps this year.

Thumbnail by Tree_Climber
Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

This bed was just created last year .......... excuse the weeds, nothing will grow in this area, thus the raised bed. There will be another tier or two added on this year to bring it up to the porch.

I have a Spaghetti Squash growing on the trellis .... I think squash plants are beautiful, at least up until they get powdery mildew.

The petunia is "Tidal Wave" ........... just love the way that one spreads and blooms all summer. This year I will only stick a couple in this area, as they took over everything.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

One of my favorite views.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I think everyones gardens are beautiful!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

OK, mine is different. :)

Brenda

Thumbnail by Loon
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

another angle

Thumbnail by Loon
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Anyone hungry?

Thumbnail by Loon

very nice everyone!

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Fantastic Garde Loon ............... what do you do with all that cabbage?

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

LOL.............well, we eat a lot of cabbage. Instead of making lettuce salads, I make cabbage salads. We have one just about every day. I put everything I would normally put in a regular salad and toss with dressing. Some we give away. Some I chop up and use the foodsaver on and put into the freezer to make soup with in the winter time. Believe it or not, we used all of that except for maybe ten heads which I gave to the deer. :)

I do have some flower pictures somewhere. I'll see if I can find them.

Brenda

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

hemlady, I especially liked your last picture with the cloths line ... does it get used anymore? lol
I think your gardens are wonderful!! I love the cottage look. I try for a uniform appearance, thus the outline of alyssum, but the inner part of my gardens are usually just packed full.

and Tree Climber, your last picture, like you said, is just stunning!!

Loon, yep, I'm hungry for all those delicious greens you got growing inside that huge fence. You really have a green thumb for growing food!

sharon

lots of pretties!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sharon. I have had that close line for many years. Sometimes I will use it to dry my sheets in the summer. They always get such a fresh smell to them when dried outside.

Kathy, I remember when you were constructing that raised bed. It sure is beautiful now with all the flowers in it.

Loon, what a wonderful vegetable garden!!!!

i need to get my garden in gear this year so that I actually have a display to show off. Right now its very much just a holding place for thousands of plants. Thanks for the inspiration all.

Sand Lake, MI

Hubby's favorite photo of his garden.

Thumbnail by Bizzie11
Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Heres a few glimpses of my very hodge podge style of planting things.

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose

garden view

love pots of stuff

rose growing in lilac

porch pots