what's eating my baby night blooming jasmines?

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Some seedlings have popped up here and there in the yard which is fine with me, but now two of them have this problem on the lower leaves only. Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thumbnail by Elphaba
(Zone 7a)

Hi, I don't have much help but I hate to see people not get any response. It looks to me like whatever it is is eating from inside the leaf, like a leafminer, except leafminers usually leave trails. I was wondering, though, if you took one if the leaves that's being attacked and split it open, maybe you'd be able to find one of the offenders still working on that leaf.
Then, even if you aren't able to identify it, you could take a picture of the actual bug and post that. Maybe that would get some more help!
Good luck!

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you for your kind attempt! I tore open a leaf and didn't find anything, but it appears that the assault has stopped on its own. Only the bottom leaves were affected. The plants have grown a foot taller and the new leaves are healthy. Maybe it was just an early spring bug, or a ground dweller or maybe a predator found the assailant. Weird though. Thanks again!

(Zone 7a)

I'm glad it stopped!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.