any hybridizers out there

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I plan on doing very extensive hybridizing in the future. I plan to make a business out of it and run an operation like keppel or ghios. Do any of you hyb?

I wont be able to start my program with my irises for a few years but a nice person has allowed me to make choices from her fields and she will cross them for me and send me the seeds. Im really excited about that.
michelle

Thumbnail by flowrgirl1
South Hamilton, MA

Hybridizers lurking all over the iris forums. You will see from our remarks most of us are hobby hybridizers, but we do have fun.

I have noticed the threads out the with seedling posts. Lots of pretties. I cant wait to get started.
michelle

Lebanon, OR

it's addictive...you know that when before you get changed you race out to see if the iris you want to cross is open then remember to come in and put a robe on, slippers, coffee

LOL

D

Im out in the iris beds everyday in the spring feeling fans to see which ones have bloom stalks forming. Its always exciting feel one in an iris that is blooming for the first time. I am hoping to have lots of seeds to start this fall from my helpful friend that i spoke of in the first post.

I love heading out to the garden first thing then going in and putting on appropriate attire for the neighbors.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I love mornings and my neighbors are so used to me I don't think they even notice LOL
Gloria

Lebanon, OR

Well lucky for me I live in the country and the closest neighbor with need to get his binocolars out to see what I have on:)

D

In my town thats practically what people do. Small town with tall tales. Everybodies business is everybodies. There are a couple of guys my age behind my house, friends of mine, that have taken pictures of me while i was bending over to pick weeds and things. I didnt know it till they got drunk and told me. Just lovely.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

big fences make good neighbors LOL
Gloria

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Michelle,
Oh - - I'm glad to hear you'll be joining us in the fun of hybridizing. There is never a dull moment........ever!

Let me ask you, what is the name of that iris you posted? It is lovely.

~Margie

I wanna say its one my mystery iris. i will have to look through my records. I seem to have lots of mystery plants. Im sure you know how that goes.

I started collecting when i was young and think that due to age i kept poor records and didnt screen trades very well. I have gotten some beauties from it though so cant complain.

Thumbnail by flowrgirl1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.