Greetings from an Oklahoma Newbie!

Chickasha, OK(Zone 7b)

I'm a Newbie from Chickasha, Oklahoma (an hour south of Oklahoma City) and I'm a gardening addict for sure! Just can't get enough of it...and WOW, can't believe I found a place this cool!!

Interests? Well, my loves are my great hubbie (sadly no kiddies, I have FAP), animals (kitties in particular, but certainly not limited to), flower arranging, birdfeeding, quilting and sewing, all kinds of crafts, and of course anything having to do with my garden!! Not much into what's on at the box office...can't sit still that long, I could be outside DOING something!

I love all kinds of flowers and plants. I have the basics: iris, lilies, clematis, gerbera daisies, rose of sharon, hardy hibiscus, roses, herbs, etc. Hope to start adding more unique plants and establish perennials. Want to experiment with starting seeds and growing from cuttings, hope to have a bunch of new plants within a couple of years.

I was born in Oklahoma. My dad was an aeronautical engineer who worked for NASA and Lockheed, so we moved around alot (attended 20+ schools growing up). Raised in California (sure miss the ocean, but get my visits), and have lived in Oklahoma for 15+ years. I just LOVE Oklahoma, the people are so friendly and down-to-earth...kinda like what I see here at Dave's Garden!

So glad to be here, and would sure appreciate any tips you can pass along about Dave's Garden. It's a wonderful place!

Missouri City, TX

Be sure to look around - there are so many Forums - and thousands of threads. It is hard to find a subject not discussed with some notable exceptions: Politics being #1. But that is all discussed in the Rules.

Have fun and welcome aboard.

Was a temporary Okie '56-'61 - Tulsa - Jr Hi - Univ of Tulsa.

South Milwaukee, WI

Greetings to you, Posiepoker and Welcome !! I hope to read more of your posts !

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Welcome again PosiePoker! I'm always looking for a PIC (partner in crime) for greenhouse outings. LOL Tell me about the nurseries in your area? I guess I've not been to any around Chickasha. Do I need to make a trip to any of them?

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcome Posiepoker! I’m new here too. I’m going to the coast today, and will send CA ocean breezes your way ;-).

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi welocme.. enjoy lots to look at.

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi Posie Poker,

I'm new to Dave's Garden, and was born in California, then grew up in Oregon. So we have the West Coast thing in common. My husband and I moved around a lot but we have now lived here in Edmond, OK for 21 years. So, I'm new to Dave's Garden, but not new to Oklahoma.
I have a gardening friend in Blanchard. You are just a highway hop past her.
I live in town, but I have tried to make the most of my yard. So much that I have no grass in the front yard and only a little tiny bit in the back. I also have 3 pet ducks back there. I have lots of plants to share (you know how it is, some plants increase more than others, right?!!!) but anyway, if you want some or just want to visit here, let me know.
I work at Hobby Lobby here in Edmond. So my schedule is not as free and easy as I'd like. Ha, ha.
Anyway, Hope to hear from you,

Perennialpal (Donna)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.