I can't wait to get this compost in the garden

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

I obtain this truck load of compost about 2 times a year free from my city's program. Free except for the price I pay to have it bagged and brought up about 30 stairs to my back yard!

Thumbnail by dun1kirk
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

WOOHOO!! You hit the jackpot!!! That looks wonderful!!!

south central, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm green with envy! There used to be such an operation in our area but they shut it down much to the dismay of local gardeners.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

The city still composts and all you need to do is find it. They are more than glad to have people come and get it. It is just a liability issue. There are some problems with possible tree fungus that is damaging to your existing trees that they get in trouble with. Just scoop it up and use it where you find it. Our city dumps in the back of our cemetery.

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

I had my last load laboratory tested. Good news!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

They don't do it here. Yard waste is thrown into the truck with the garbage, and carted off to the landfill.

Karen

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

Try some different outlets like a waste.org site or seek out where other gardeners obtain good stuff. I just put an add in Craigs list for my area finding anyone who would like to GIVE me chicken or rabbit manure.

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

dun1kirk,

Where did you have your compost tested? How did it come out?

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

A & L Western Agricultural Laboratories. 209 529 4080. I couldn't interpret it so doccat5 helped me out. I had it on my desktop, but now can't find it. That's normal for me.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I wonder how I would find out if my community has such a program. what dept do you call? anybody know?

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks, dun1kirk.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Call your local county government that handles the landfill.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.