Good news for me!!!

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I previously posted stating that I hoped to return to MI for the summer. Well, I got my wish. I get to come home in May and take my orchard scouting job back. Im so excited. I will get to work in my garden and see my family. I want to tour some beautiful MI gardens this summer. Anybody out there have a great yard to tour? I never did enough of this when i lived in MI before, its time to start. I only know of about 6 or 7 great places to visit in my area of Traverse City and Manistee.
Michelle

Shot of Japanese Iris at Ensata in Galesburg.

Thumbnail by flowrgirl1
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i have a nice yard/garden you could come visit me.....
Glad to hear your on your way HOME soon and that your HAPPY!!

Thumbnail by notmartha

That is a beauty. I will have to! I am really excited to come home. All I can think about is gardening. I really am gonna get everything the way it needs to be this summer. Bay City isnt to far from me either.

Thumbnail by flowrgirl1
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome back to Michigan. I hope you have a great gardening season while you're here.
If you're over my way please stop to visit.

Brenda

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

They have those Fabulous Garden tours by most Master gardener Extensions in all parts of the state. I don't know if they compile a list of the whole state somewhere but I will call my office and let you know!!
I have 800 plants coming. My yard will be under construction but your welcome if you are in and around Flint/ Fenton!!
Julie

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

You can come visit me! I'm just outside of TC and while my gardens may not be "tour class" I have a great porch for drinking lemonade and watching the animals that I rehab.

Thanks everyone,
I will make plans this summer to visit your gardens. My gardens arent tour class either but there are lots of pretty flowers! Lemonade, yum!
michelle

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

flowrgirl1 - you are also welcome in Muskegon; I could take you to several other gardens besides mine. Lexington, across the state has a good gardentour, and Mkg has one called 'best of the west'.

Dori - your gardens are stunning!

Helen

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

my porch is all way open I dont have big gardens but I do have lemon aid LOL
Gloria

Im excited to actuall meet gardeners in MI. I had my few garden friends but i never ventured far to find any. Now I am a little less scared of travel since I have been driving in Winston Salem. Its much bigger than my home area i was used to. Now i can handle the crazy trafic and not knowing where i am going.

Now i can strike off on my own and go see new gardens and people!!!!

the yard last summer with hundreds of plants waiting to go into the ground.

Thumbnail by flowrgirl1

Were you living in Mass.?

north carolina. i am just moving back to mi in may for the summer and then back to nc. in early september.

Well, that just showed my geography shortcomings!

Dont feel bad. Im no better. trying though!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.