Howdy from Texas!

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi, y'all! I jumped right into posting responses before properly introducing myself, so here goes:

I'm a native Texan who lives in Spicewood, just west of Austin. Anybody ever been to Krause's Springs? I live just across the fence from there and own 1/4 mile or so of two creeks that feed it. Hubby (Skinny Kenny) and I live on about 150 acres so have lots of room to garden! We have a nice sized veggie garden and are in the process of building more flowerbeds in and around it and some up by the house. I am blessed with a mate that loves to garden about as much as I do. An added plus is that he has green thumbs up to his elbows! AND that man LOVES to dig! Woo-hoo, I'm a lucky woman!

Hubby cuts firewood and restores classic cars for a living while I work in a nursery in town. I LOVE working there! It's a dream job ~ surrounded by all those plants, helping people pick just the right plants for their new flowerbeds, getting to take home all those plant babies that didn't sell... ;-)!!! I love it!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

BIG welcome from Michigan-what a job you have! ;] Skinny kenny sounds like a peach too!
I had to chuckle at your nickname-thats what we use to call dennis rodman when he was on the pistons team!!! lol
We leave on a 140 acre farm in michigan-flat land good soil!
my hubby is a mechanic and has a 68 camaro hes putting heads on now! He helps me in the garden "when i need him"!
We did build my greenhouse together this spring-i luv working together-shhhh dont tell him! ;]
Im glad you found us here at davesgarden-have fun and dont be shy!
dori

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Me?! Shy?!?! My family would get a kick out of hearing that! LOL!

I got my nickname from my youngest nephew ~ when he was learning to talk, "Aunt Linda" came out "Anwinga." The older nephew said, "It sounds like he's saying 'Aunt Wingnut.'" I drive demolition derbies (with Kenny's leftovers), so it stuck.

Yes, I love to work with Hubby, too! I'm a hard-headed Aries and he's a know-it-all Leo, so when we were first together we didn't do so well. ;-) But now, we work together great and get LOTS done!

A '68 Camaro?! Im jealous! Right now, Kenny's working on more boring things ~ later model trucks ~ to sell to fund the restoration of one of his partner's '50 model Ford trucks. (Roy even has a 1946 Caryall! I'd love to drive that when it's done!)

Welcome from the Sunflower State'Sis'

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

:)

This message was edited Thursday, Sep 27th 3:32 PM

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Love the name...when I was a teenager thats what we all called each other! Great to have you online. Dee

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Welcome from north of Pgh. Boy you guys in the South are suppose to be laid back. lol ;)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Welcome to DG, wingnut! Great name, cute story behind it!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Welcome to the garden, Wingnut! It doesn't take long around here to get
a hand when you need it. Texas bids
you welcome.

"eyes"

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Removed by member request

From one Texas to another,Welcome Wingnut.
Blessings
All My Best
CoCo

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you all so much for the hearty welcome. Makes me feel right at home!

Sledder, derby driving is what keeps me laid back the rest of the year ~ it's far better therapy than a shrink and cheaper, too. LOL!

MzMunchken, I plan to fill up as many acres as will sit still for it!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey Wingnut! Nice to see you again.
Michele

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome. I'm a bit envious of your job...taking home all of those babies....WOW!

Knoxville, TN

hey wingnut,it's about time u showed up i thought i had lost u. lol i told u u would love it here.
luv nana th herblady
make sure u meet eyes

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi, Wingnut.
It's Aimée from Georgetown. I'm the gardener who planned to attend both of your plant meets and missed them both. Finally found out I had cancer, thought I wouldn't live to make the next one, but it looks like I just might. I followed the last one on the web, and was glad to see the pictures as you posted them. Patty from Castroville sent me the info. Some tough bunch you had, just daring that storm to rain on your parade. I lost most of my plants to the three drought years and my limitations, but hope to redo it all better than it was. Saw some pretty natives near your area the week before the meet, and had planned to collect seeds, so maybe next year? It's good to see a familiar name here.

Mason, MI

Hi Wingnut,
You'll love this site...full of super-friendly,
helpful folks.
I too, am jealous that you work in a nursery! :-)
Welcome from Oscarsdotter

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Hi wingnut and a roudy "Gidday" from australia....

they are a great crew around here.. I look forward to chatting to you some more in the future..

LauraX

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.