Daily Pics Vol. 74

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

The Mourning Doves are doing a lot of partying on the barbed wire fence!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Thanks dellrose, the Mockingbird is less than 2kb so easy to open, and what a wonderful pic it is too! Pretty colours on you contortionist BB, looks like he's preening around his neck. That fat grub the first one has looks like some type of chafer beetle, what a shot to get, lol.

Congrats on the quail tiger, nice shot!

My birds seem to be busy in the bushes, lol.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

The koel I posted above is just a black bird, like the crow, almost unattractive. So just a couple had any reaction above - quite understandably! But one must listen to his song. His.. not her. The 'she' cannot sing. It is the 'he' that sings "koouooo". It is so melodious..... so melodious that the description of it has been featured in many poems! Okay... here I post another unattractive bird, the dove... more like the opening post, not exactly. This seems to be quite friendly as it comes closer than other birds. But it is cautious.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Marlton, NJ

Oh I like the black&white neckband!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Dinu..that is a cool looking Dove, but I think they are beautiful and one of my favorite birds. I never realized there were so many different black birds and doves in the world. Thanks for posting them!

Thanks Wallaby and I'm glad the pics are loading for you!

Oh Dinu, birds are never unattractive, their character often shines whether it be the cheeky Robin or the grumpy Bluebird, lol.

Your koel is quite impressive, the red eye and it's long tail feathers got my attention. We just can't always keep up with all the posts to make comments, so please do keep posting!

This Crow, a Jackdaw, is impressive. I never knew just how imressive until I took pics of them!

Thumbnail by wallaby1

I appreciate it Rose :~))

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Cool pic Wallaby and I agree about the beauty of all the birds! I even think the Starlings and Grackles are beautiful..although I would prefer they frequent someone else's feeder!!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I was not expressing unhappiness!! I used the word "understandably" to neutralize it! I was just comparing it to all the colourful birds in this thread, though black has its own beauty.

Yes, my favourite watchable bird is the humble black crow - black of course!! I somehow like the way it acts, the way it waits, the way it holds the food, the way it snatches twigs [sometimes silly!]... aah, it is endless. That gray wing and the shiny feathers are also beautiful.

Here is a pigeon that probably lives in that part of our house, high up there.

Thumbnail by Dinu
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Your pigeon is very pretty Dinu...we had pigeons last year in the barn and I love to hear them coo! DH covered the front of the barn though and I haven't seen any this year! I wonder if he would notice if I left the doors open?!! LOL!

This is a bad pic but wanted you to see the Bluebirds checking out the new nestbox! I don't know how many pairs we have if it is one pair or more but I see them in three different boxes and we put another one up yesterday. This one is located in our field so it is quite a distance for pic taking! Hopefully I will be able to get closer!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Rose; that Woodpecker gets confused. He doesn't know where to turn too, when there's a bunch of speckled bird in the yard, at his feeder.

The Mourning Dove are sitting in the tree, wondering what happened to the feeders.

Putting the feeders away for a while. Got another sick Redpoll.
This pic was taken at the end of Feb.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Las Cruces, NM

Rose - The bird on the water fountain was a young female grackle. They look considerably different than the shiney black male. Here's another picture showing the female and male.

Thumbnail by NM_Jane
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Burn...Poor Hairy!! I am so sorry you have to put your feeders away, I will miss your pics especially the beautiful Redpolls! :0(

Jane...Thanks for the pics of the female Grackle. The Common's have recently showed up in our yard so I will have to watch for the females.

It is cold and overcast today...a big difference from yesterday when the birds all seemed to be welcoming spring. Today they are like me...sort of blah and going thru the motions!! Not a lot of the singing like yesterday either...!

Hebron, KY

Great pics everyone!

Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi Marilyn...good to see you!

The sun was out for a fraction of a second so got this one and only pic!

Female Cardinal and American Goldfinches sharing the feeder.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Here is a pic I took yesterday and it reminded me of spring!

American Goldfinch looks like he's looking for Easter eggs!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Nanny56, I love the ebony and ivory birds! Beautiful landing with the dove!

Thanks Pelletory! Looks like my chipping sparrow. They have a pretty song and I like to see them hop around.

Angele, I've missed your roadrunner pictures!!

Deb, laughing over the gulls. No zoom necessary... giggle!

Gardenpom, great profile! Great detail on the topnotch!

Dellrose, bluebirds are so pretty! He certainly has a treat!!

Burn, I love all woodpeckers!

Marilynbeth, those were interesting facts about the tree sparrow. I'll have to look for a dark belly spot on mine this summer.

Tigerlily, he's a perfect quail! Love the merganser!

NMJane, that is so cute! Nice water fowl pics!

Dellrose, nice! I didn't know mockingbirds weren't always grey.

Nanny, that's a bottoms up caption!

Dellrose, what a good shot of the bluebird contortion!! I think the color is fine! We have tens of mourning doves daily!

Dinu, she is pretty! Interesting story!

Wallaby, They just ran Alfred Hitchcock movies last month. Look out!!

Burn, that is so sad. Sick redpoll. I had a sick goldfinch. He didn't make it.

NMJane, I love the irridescence of a grackle!

Dellrose, I think your finch is yellowing faster than mine.

This young eagle and two adults were out in a field. On zoom, I could only get him in the picture.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Marlton, NJ

Very nice billy!!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Great pics, been gone all day so getting caught up here!

I love my big silly Crows. When the Starlings were all over here the crows weren't coming in the yard and I missed them!

Caught this pair of Crows up in a tree on my walk this morning.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Got these Cardinals yesterday.( with a House Funch hid behind them)

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This female House Finch seem to be on her own...so far.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Billy..looks cold there but nice you could brave the cold and get that cool pic!

Nanny...about time you showed up! Those Cards and Crows look like lovebirds and I must admit I think the female House Finch and Purple Finch are so pretty. I love their little personalities! :0)

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Great group of shots folks!

Klamath River, CA

wallaby........I wasn't ignoring you. I took advantage of a few good days and went to the Klamath Basin again. I'm hoping the snow will stay above us. It's almost all melted at this altitude.

Just had this one ID'd for me! From my afternoon walk...a Northern Mockingbird

Thumbnail by nanny_56

The Brown Creeper has been coming about everyday the last week or so.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA(Zone 5a)

This Grackle looks menacing! Gosh darned things are being pesty right now.

GG

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt

A Red-Winged Blackbird chowing down with a Mourning Dove and a Grackle.

GG

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt

I would stand on my head for a nut bar!

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt

Oh, that last one is priceless, GG!

Marlton, NJ

Nice pics nanny and GG!!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

great pix today!
here's a couple of norwesten crows - they're big, nasty, bully birds, and can come 30 or forty or more at a time. they're hard to scare off. but they are only a winter bird!

Thumbnail by ritapg

Our Crow are soo skittish it so funny. The squirrels were chasing them off from the ground dish yesterday!

Melbourne, FL

Just got this shot of three Red-Bellied Woodpeckers. I was using my macro lens at the time, so the pic is cropped.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Marlton, NJ

Nice pic Rita, I look forward to seeing the loud Crows this Spring!

Good one GP!

Just had time to look through all of the pictures of the last two days! Spent all of my time last evening trying to convince my ISP to stay on line to post my pictures!

You folks post a fantastic array of birds. Many that I have never seen before. And the quality of the pictures is such that I can only hope that maybe some day..........

This morning my day began by missing a great shot of a BLUEBIRD! I have got to get ready to host them. I already have their vittles, but no appropriate feeder and their houses are not yet ready! Gotta get moving on that.

GG

Marlton, NJ

These pics aren't great but I thought they were kinda cute.

White-breasted Nuthatch 2 pics

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Thumbnail by pelletory

Very cute, pelle!

GP, that shot of 3 red-bellies is great!

I keep missing the Red-winged Blackbirds!!

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quoting:

"Down the hatch!"

;-)

edit: format quote

This message was edited Mar 8, 2008 1:30 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.