Daily Pics Vol. 74

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

It is time for a new thread! Here is where we came from http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/819421/#new

I would like to start today off with a pic of a Mourning Dove that posed so pretty for me yesterday just for this first post!

This message was edited Mar 5, 2008 6:31 AM

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Of course the day would not be complete if "my girl" doesn't show up with her guy and check out the nest boxes!

Female Eastern Bluebird

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

These little birds have entertained me all winter long...American Goldfinch!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

This little Cardinal was chowing down on the patio (in the shade)!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

And one more Mourning Dove on the barbed wire fence.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Here is a close up of a Cardinal that was eating from the hanging platform. I need to erase the chain!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

This Northern Mockingbird shows up many times a day and goes thru all sorts of antics begging for his meal worms. He is DH's favorite!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Marlton, NJ

Wonderful pics Rose!!!

Thanks for starting the new thread!!

Pelle :-)

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thank you Pelle, I started a little early but was getting too nervous waiting for a few more posts!!

The sun is shining again today and I hope everyone has a wonderful day! OMG...I just realized it is my 30th wedding anniversary!! Guess I'd better take a steak out of the freezer for DH!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Melbourne, FL

Congratulations Rose!

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the new thread Rose and a big congrats on your anniversary!! Beautiful pics too :-)

Nanny, congratulation on the new bird from the other thread! Isn't it so exciting when we get new ones!!

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow Rose, you weren't kidding that you couldn't put that camera down!!! Nice work! And happy 30th!!!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Great start rose!!

Should of heard the big 'Woo Hoo" I let out! Resin has Id'd it as a first year male. He was back again this morning. I also had some male Red-winged Blackbirds But I missed getting a pic of them. On sunday I missed a shot of a group of Sandhill Cranes flying over, darn it!!

Another pic of the 'butter-butt' with a Downy Woodpecker! I haven't edited this mornings pics, I need to do that!

This message was edited Mar 5, 2008 9:19 AM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Marlton, NJ

Happy Anniversary Rose!!!

Nanny aren't those yellow-rumped warblers cute?

I love it when they come around!

Happy anniversary Rose!! 30 years, wonderful! Thanks for the new thread & beautiful birdies :-) Love the Mourning Dove on the barbed wire!
Nanny congrats on the Yellow-rumped! They are so cute!
Good to see you Pelle. Hope your breathing is easier.

Thanks for all the nice comments on my Roadrunner & Pete & apricot blossoms on the last thread. i was away most of yesterday but read them & appreciate all of you.

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Congrats on your anniversay! Thank you for starting the new thread.
I always enjoy everyones pics and seeing all the different birds. GM

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks everyone!! For our anniversary we are purchasing a Purple Martin Birdhouse! I can't wait to get it and hopefully they will decide to nest here this year. In the meantime the Eastern Bluebirds seem to have claimed one of the nestboxes and have been out there all morning...however I may not be celebrating my 31 anniversary if DH doesn't quit driving that dang tractor past them!! GRRRRR!! LOL!

Thumbnail by dellrose
NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

I'm new here. I would like to enter the motion that the camera and lens data should and would make this thread more interesting. I'll be back with pix soon as it warms up and outs the snow from my backyard. Ya all have a nice thing happening here. Many of the shots are of professional quality.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Happy Anniversary Rose! Fantastic shots today, your last one is superb!

Marlton, NJ

Hi doc, I had tryed to get that done before where the information could be listed under the Username and Location but there was not enough support for it so did not happen.

In the meantime I think we can enter it on our profile page somewhere.

Maybe we'll try again to see if we can get enough support for that.

Fantastic pic Rose!!

Pelle

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Welcome docgipe looking forward to your pics.
Rose , congrats on your 30 yrs, I love your pics, and thanks for starting the new thread.
Nanny, A new visitor to your yard!!! very exciting, my husband just told me , the Bohemian Waxwings were back, when I got to the living room, they had already left. :(

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Not much to contribute today, But I got a nice twig pic.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Some kind of communication thing going.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Wait a minute Rose, aren't you still waiting to have your purple martin house from Christmas 2006 put up??

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

dellrose,
Don't erase that chain there on that cardinal bird picture. Wait for another occasion to shoot that again!!

Here is my shot of a koel sitting high up in the Almond tree branch. T

Thumbnail by Dinu

Quoting:
I'm new here. I would like to enter the motion that the camera and lens data should and would make this thread more interesting. I'll be back with pix soon as it warms up and outs the snow from my backyard. Ya all have a nice thing happening here. Many of the shots are of professional quality.

Hey doc, if you have time, you'll see in old threads that a couple of the members have gone over what they are shooting with and techniques. Maybe we can start a separate thread to list things like that.

I wanted to point out that some photo viewing programs have a place where you can see the camera data of the photo. If you were to pull a photo (not thumbnail) off of DG, you could often find the camera used, as well as all the settings from within that program. I use iPhoto to store and Photoshop to edit and both have this ability. So check your programs if you want to do some photography investigation!

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

Congratulations Rose, on your anniversary!

This Cardinal was singing out to you!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Good morning, wow these threads are getting really long. I don't know if any of you know about the video on YouTube about the Starlings on Otmoor. If you don't, then go to YouTube type in starlings on Otmoor and watch the video.
Susan

Here's my nice branch shot I got this morning! lol

Male & female Cardinal

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Marlton, NJ

Hi gardener, Yes I've seen that one and a few more; it is amazing!!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Hi pelletory, Yeah I put it on my favorites so I can watch it anytime. It is amazing! Funny thing is it puts a lump in my throat. I guess I'm just an old mush bucket! LOL! Another video you might like is the one on www.telestereo.com/Archivos/AmazingHug.wmv That one is REALLY amazing!
Susan

This message was edited Mar 5, 2008 10:23 AM

This message was edited Mar 5, 2008 10:24 AM

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks again everyone...this is the second time I've tried to post and I'm so dumb I hit the wrong button...grrr, hate it when that happens!

Well...HE has finally put the tractor away so I hope the BB's come back! LOL!

Doc...Welcome to the BW forum and I hope to see you post some pics for us!

Dinu...Gorgeous shot...I have missed seeing your birds from India and hope you will not be such a stranger. I will not erase the chain from that pic as I am too lazy and don't have the software! LOL!

Burn...I wish I could send you and your little birdies some of our sunshine and thank you lots!

Mrs. Ed...No it wasn't me...we just bought ours and am just waiting for the pole to arrive so we will be in Purple Martin business, I hope!

Wallaby...thanks so much, our little BB's remind me of your sweet little Robin's!

Nanny...thanks for the song...everytime I see your name I LOL!

Gardner..I will have to check out those videos, thanks for posting them.

Well,this is the only bird DH didn't scare away...this Meadowlark just sang his heart out the whole time all the commotion was going on! It kind of sounded like "O'Solo Mia"!!! LOL! Of course I was trying to make the twigs and branches the focal point!

This message was edited Mar 5, 2008 8:34 PM

Thumbnail by dellrose
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

This Starling decide it was time for a quick nap.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

LOL, burn!

Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

There should be some way to allow the exif info to show up when the photos are enlarged. There are many photo websites that have this feature. The exif info is uploaded with the photo.

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Black capped chickadee from this afternoon.
Ummm.. which seed do I want?

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yum! GM

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Melbourne, FL

The Mockingbird was singing up a storm this morning.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Another Mockingbird shot.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Indigo Buntings.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.