Will trade plants/seeds for flimsy fridge magnets

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

I'm looking for really flimsy fridge magnets that businesses sometimes give out. I'm doing a project for school and need tons of them. I'll trade plants or seeds. but I could also pay for shipping to get them here. Even a couple would be a great help! It'd be pretty neat to get a few from a whole bunch of different people.

Thanks
Andrea

Plano, TX

do you need a message on them? can they be blank?

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

You mean just regular black magnets? Or are they a solid colour or what?

Plano, TX

they are small rectangles with a peel of sticky side

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

I don't know how I'd use them in my project right now, but if you don't need them you could send them anyway. I usually end up using everything I've got in my design projects. lol DM me if you want to set something up.

Plano, TX

what is the project

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

For my design class I have to make a piece of art that could fall under the description of "advertising machine" and we must use real live advertisements in the design. I built a 'machine' which is pretty much a scary clashing monster made out of smooth stainless steel, and I'm going to give it multicoloured scales made out of cut floppy ad magnets.

I know it sounds a bit strange but... Somehow it was just born from my brain, and I only had 22 magnets. lol

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Do you still need magnates? If you do I have some I can send, me and my husband go to ag expos and home and garden shows so we have some we don't need. Susan

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

I definitely still need them! I'll give you some seeds to cover the postage, if you want. Send me a Dmail telling me what you wanna do.

Thanks for your help!

Independence, MO

This may be to late but I've got a handful of magnets ranging from small rectangle or square to large square. Let me know if you still need some.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

I still need them. This is a final project so I'll be working on it over the next couple of months. Dmail me. :)

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey. I have a pack of about 20 business card sized magnets. They are of course black on the magnet side, and white on the top. You peel off the top white layer and stick any business card or same sized piece of paper on it and it's ready to go.

If you are interested, I'd love to trade for some colius cuttings. Esp. the 'Pamper Me'.

D-mail me and let me know. :-)

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

lobster...i have some magnets that are 4" x 7". the magnet side is black. the front has the name of our school and a school calendar for the year. and has a bank advertisement at the bottom. i had a bunch of these if i can find them. but i know i have one. lmk if you are interested. and if you are interested how many could you use? and that's if i can find them.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

3gardeners... I don't really have the time to stick a bunch of logos on them. lol So, sorry, I guess I don't really need them.

mamajack... Your school magnets sound great. :) I'll take as many as you can dig up, but if you can't find them don't sweat it. Dmail me if you want to trade.

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

I think I have 3 or 4 various ones that I can send you if you promise to post a pic when you get done. This sounds like truly interesting project and I use to be in advertising and am fascinated by the "advertising machine" concept. Please dmail me your address and I will send them off next week.

Independence, LA(Zone 8b)

Lucky for you I never throw anything away, not so good for me or my sanity though. I found 11 for you. A good place to find them is at home & garden shows and other types of shows (fishing expos, gun shows etc) the vendors give them away and will probably give you several if you tell them your project will be on display. I wish I had know about this earlier since I just went to two such shows this month and refused to take home any extra crap.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

hey, shuggins, you got my vote on the joke contest. i busted out laughing.

and lobster, i will look tomorrow or mon. kids are home on spring break and it's nuts here right now. i also want to see a picture of this thing. will you put it here? if you put it somewhere else i am afraid i will miss it.

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks mama...Hope I win. I would love to have that plant, but as soon as I saw the contest I had to go find that joke again. I just got it last week and thought it was one of the funniest things I had read lately.

lobster...I will put the few magnets I have in the mail to you this week.

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Hey lobsterandi - i have 4 - an urgent care center, a bank, an atty and The Who Dat Shoppe (New Orleans Saints specialty shop lol ) - If you are interested, send me a dmail with your addy.
Em.

Napoleon, OH

Hi Andrea,
For reasons that I cannot explain, I kept all the magnets from our previous home when we moved more than ten years ago. I put them into the junk drawer and unearthed them this past weekend. Our fridge in the new home doesn't even have a magnetic front - and all the phone numbers were no longer needed since we moved over an hour away.

I'd be more than happy to send any or all of these to you if they will be able to help with your project. The smallest of these is about 1" by 1/4" and the biggest is about 5" by 6". I also have some that are duplicates.

Please let me know if you could use these and I'll send them right out!
Best of luck with the final project!

~Dawn

PS- I had to take them in to work and put them on the front of my file cabinet in order to get a decent photo to show you! LOL! Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy!!

Thumbnail by DaysDawning
SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Jackpot,eh?!! LOL!!

If you still need more, I have 3 little ones that I'll just send to you in an envelope.
D-mail me your address and they'll be on their way!

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I have a bunch around the house. Do you still need some. I would love seeds from your Black Currant Swirl. I can wait for them to produce later this summer if you don't have any, but can go ahead and send you magnets.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

A couple are on the way....

Napoleon, OH

If you're interested, I'd gladly send these out for you. I can send them to you as soon as you dmail me your addy.
~Dawn

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

hey lobster, with all these offers and some sounded better than mine do you still want mine? no problem if you don't. she must be building that thing now and can't get back to us. lol.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I was wondering if you want the 3 I have, too - if you just send me your address via d-mail, I'll mail them out to you, my dime! (Ü)

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

Nope... I wish I were busy building. I've come down with pneumonia... I've been sick for almost two weeks, and it just seemed to be getting worse and worse so I went in to the creepy university hospital last night and after 6 hours was sent back home with a stern lecture, even sterner pain killers and some giant sized antibiotics.

I still need everyone's magnets. Thanks so much for all of your offers! I'll send my address out to you guys tomorrow, I'm turning in early tonight. Can't seem to stop coughing and I'm a bit drugged up.

Andrea

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Get to feeling better, I've finely got back to half way normal so I'll be sending you all my magnets and the plants out this week. Susan

Napoleon, OH

mamajack and nan (and lobsterandi),
Please allow me to apologize - I didn't mean to flaunt or suggest anything by posting my picture. I'd think the magnets coming from different places (TX, WI, FL, OH, GA, etc...) would be better than just a bunch from one place. I wanted to show my 'lot' of them so I could get feedback if there were some that couldn't be used. I admit that I'm quite a packrat and I didn't want to be sending my 'junk' to have someone else (lobsetandi) have to contend with. Don't want to become a packrat enabler! LOL!

Andrea, I hope you get to feeling better. Be sure to listen to those "stern lectures" and don't push yourself; the crud that's going around here seems to linger forever! I'm putting the magnets into the mail today. Feel free to dispose of (recycle?) any that you can't use.

~Dawn

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh, Dawn...I would have posted a photo too if I had that many and someone were requesting them - like I said - Jackpot! Andrea can pick and choose what she wants or needs.
No need to apologize at all!

I admit I've thrown away several of those in the past and now I wish I hadn't since someone is in need of them.

Wishing you an uneventful and rapid recovery, Andrea....those magnets are on their way to you today.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

I've got another appointment today... I spiked a grand ol' fever of 101.1

I'm on so much vicodin that really I'm in a pretty pleasant mood. I think its great to be getting magnets from all over. It will impress my prof. Thanks again everyone.

-Andi

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

When is your project due? Just wondering how long you will be needing magnets. I have some here somewhere...we moved recently and I need to find them. Take care of yourself; it's the time of year when everyone is getting sick. I'm new to this site, but I like it already!! Glad to know there are other packrats out there...you know we keep things in case someone needs it someday!

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

I too have a bunch of ad magnets... vendors bring them to me at work all the time... Let me know if you still need more and I'll drop them in the mail
Anjl

Napoleon, OH

Andrea! Girl, don't mess around with a fever! I'll be keeping you in my Ts & Ps.

Sandhills: Welcome! This ol' packrat had my magnets in a junk drawer that was moved into a 'new' junk drawer when we moved here in '97! I knew there was a reason for becoming a packrat! LOL

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

Well... I went in to the doctor. I've got pneumonia in both lungs now. Let the party continue...

I have to go back in tomorrow morning to see if hte new drugs have done anything. How they can tell a difference in less than 24 hours is beyond me.. I just do what they say. If they don't see any improvement, they're going to hospitalize me. Yuck. They've sorta scared me to the point that I'm a bit freaked at staying here alone tonight...

-A

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

because if the drugs work you will see improvement quick and that means you will feel better quick. praying for you lobster. drink loads of liquids.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

Well... I have to say I feel about the same, with the exception of the general & artificial good cheer brought on by percocet. My niece called and read me some dumb jokes from her joke book, and even those seemed funny.

I've got my appointment in a few hours because my doctor was called in to the ER. Hopefully they let me stay at home... I'm scared to go in to the hospital without my mommy, as embarrassing as that is. I don't think 19 year olds are supposed to cry and miss their mommies... lol

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

lobster,
sure hope you start feeling better. I have a few of those flimsy magnets i will send to you.....I think it will be neat to have a few from each state or at least different states. Can't wait to see a pic of this project when it is all done.

Char

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

Thanks Char :)

My address is in the exchange, otherwise I can Dmail it to you.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sweetie, I still miss my mommy when I'm sick, and I'm 39! LOL You take care of yourself. I haven't packed up the plants yet... I'll wait until you're feeling better.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.