Report from Madame Chairperson

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey, gang!
Thursday is the intake day for the amateur {including Junior hortculture} exhibitors at the New England Spring Flower show. Went to the Gardening and Patio show in Worcester last weekend. Sort of disappointing, but then, Boston opens on Saturday.
I am also back on the "A" list as I got an invite to the fancy opening party. Word has it that it will be opened by the Governor. Mayor Mennino opened it year before last. I was off the "A" list last year so I have no clue who did the honors.
I will be out of touch for a few days since this opening and Friday's judging will occupy my time until then. I am still writing up pre entries for Thursday. only about 25 more to go!
Catch you guys over the weekend.
Martha
{Madame Chairperson,
Junior Horticulture}

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Have fun, Martha!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Got the pre entries done! I had to explain writer's cramp to my daughter, the computer child. Nobody actually puts pen to paper much anymore. But they are written up!
Martha

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hope all went well and you enjoyed yourself Martha!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Here is the wrap up. We had the largest Junior Horticulture entry in history with 265 entries. I spent over 24 hours straight at the Bayside between the set up on Thursday and the judging on Friday. Junior Horticulture received its 9th Mass Hort Gold Medal! It was worth the sleepless night!
I spent most of Saturday in bed. I am just now coming to and ready to go back to my day job tomorrow!
Oh, and my baby begonia that I propagated from a stem cutting got a second place!! I am so pleased.
Junior Horticulture rules!
Martha

Great job, Martha! Sounds like it was a great time.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Congrats Martha!!!! 265 entries is alot, I can see why you sleep in on Sat!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks guys. I am going to get some pictures this week of the exhibit and my begonia. I will post them here. There is a moose involved in the flower show this year. Oh and they gave us Hosta 'So Sweet' as a party favor at the opening gala! Since my DH accompanied me, I got two. I have to see if they have any left over from the party. possibly could get some more.
Martha

This message was edited Mar 10, 2008 12:15 AM

You're teasing us with the moose, Martha! Now we have to see the pics.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Victor - there really is a moose! Kassia took pictures yesterday. Hopefully she can get pics up today if she is not too busy....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.