Members of State or American Gourd Societies?

Gilmer, TX

If you aren't a member of your state and/or American Gourd Society, you should consider joining. The dues are less than $15.00 a year each and the magazine from American is worth more than that, lots of good decorating tutorials and other very helpful info. You can find info on your state gourd society from 'google'.

In Texas, we have gourd patches located all over the state, and we all get together once a year to exchange ideas, learn new techniques from the classes offered, enter our gourds in competition, buy raw and decorated gourds, and tools to work on gourd, plus just have an all-around good time. This year we will meet in Fredricksburg. If you live in the East Texas area, I'd like to extend an invitation for you to visit our patch, East Texas Piney Woods. We have a speaker on gourd related topics or someone teaching a new gourd technique. Our next meeting will be March 29th at 11:00 am at Hobby Lobby in Longview. We will be doing a wax resist class, so if you are thinking about coming, please let me know, so I can make sure you have the supplies to make your gourd project.

Happy gourding!
Pam

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

WOW...wish they have something way down here in southeast corner of Texas..like near Beaumont...I do grow gourds..

Gilmer, TX

Moodene, There is a Southeast Texas Patch. I'm d-mailing you info on a contact, since I don't know where they meet. Pam

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

It is located in Houston, Texas,I think..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.