Wanted: different kniphofia (red hot poker)

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

my list is not up to date but lmk what you are looking for. thanks. barb

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I got something you don't have!!! HE HE HE Sorry, couldn't resist!!! ☻

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

&&^%(*. compost. lol. and i can write LOL and you can't. so there.

which one do you have? and i know if it's one i don't have that you are going to want me to have one of yours. i know that. lol.

somebody tell this girl that hee hee hee is spelled with at least 2 e's. i can't believe someone hasn't taken away a half dozen of your points on that one word alone. lol.

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

I have some seeds that I bought at Lowes. I planted them 3 wks or so ago and so far only one has come up.

Anne

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

thanks anne, but i am wanting mature plants. and i was wanting some of the more uncommon types.

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

k

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

HEE HEE HEE now Firefox shows that as wrong, so there! HA HA HA
Mine are the Lola, but they are seeds. My reign is over tomorrow, but I still have to play the game or give the other ones points!!! smile

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

let me check misty. one of mine died but can't remember which it was. so you don't have plants?

what is firefox?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

It is a browser-Mozilla Firefox.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

I'm confused mamajack. Are you wanting some red hot poker, or do you have some you want to trade?

I have several, all red, but don't know the names. They're pretty big, and I don't know how to divide them. Last year, I took one to someone at a round-up (to trade for peacock fern, which I promptly killed!) and it nearly killed me getting it out. I hope it lived for them! They are around the perimeter of a tree and I have to use an axe to get them out of the roots. If you are interested, let me know. I'd need dividing instructions and a trade I really, really wanted. LOL!

P.S. Can I cut back all the straps/leaves from previous years. They are about 5-6 years old and I never have, but it looks as if they would benefit from a hair cut.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

sure you can trim them 3gardeners. i know how big these can get and i would hate having to dig around a tree. are yours the red with the yellow? i already have some of those. i guess i'm going to have to have a kniphofia co-op. lol.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Yep. Mine are the red with yellow. I only recently realized they came in other colors. Maybe I'll like mine more now that I know I can trim them!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I have yellow, but can't dig for awhile....I still have green but would like to wait until our weather gets a little more stable. I don't know the name.

Joyce

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

hap...you got solid yellow ones and green ones? i don't care about names but i want some. let's trade. y'ont to?

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I have solid yellow, no green ones.
My yellow still have green leaves already but a bit too cold to dig right now up here.
If you are willing to wait we can trade.

Joyce

Moon, VA(Zone 7a)

mamajack: This is what I have; it was a passalong plant and I don't have the cultivar. Let me know if you don't have this. villaluna

Thumbnail by villaluna
Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Those look great! Mine are massive mounds of straps from all the past years (about 6). I'm glad to know now that I can cut them back.

Moon, VA(Zone 7a)

I just thin them out every 2 years--spread them around or give the babies away. They look much better that way. villaluna

Snohomish, WA

Ihave two green ones, something jade, will look for the tag!

Snohomish, WA

Her it is. Kniphofia tritoma "Green Jade'. It is hard to see but it is behind the big flax.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

oooohhhh....mama you'd better get over here before I start hi-jacking your trades....lol....you know I love these too. The sweetheart likes them enough to get me to try some seeds for him.

happgarden the yellow knifophia I got from you last fall I went ahead and planted and it has stayed green all year--my kind of exotic, can't wait to see the blooms--thanks!

lol---mama's gonna kill me for this one Gordon, but if she starts dragging her heels...lol

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

get off my thread, girl. tryin' to take my trades. lol. don't give her one nw...i might need it to trade her for something i'm coveting of hers in a few years. hahahahaha

nwgarden...i would love a green jade.

happ...i want a yellow one.

villaluna....i love yours and want one too.

yall let me know what i might have that you like. if i don't have it at least tell me what kind of plants you are looking for and i will do my best to find something.

sorry it took me so long but this weekend was full of kid stuff. thanks to everyone.

Snohomish, WA

I'll dmail you after work today mama ! Gordon

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

No worries, Tropicanna...I have the green jade one. Got it from Tony lots of years ago...Gotta love that! So,yeah, stop hijacking Mama's thread, lol!
Bev

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i love it when i get support. lol.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

now villaluna, I didn't want to exclude yours which is lovely as well, and happgarden, you know I love yours! lol

hey ladies! you know I'm only halfway joking ;)

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

yep, a girl after my own heart. me and her...tongues in the cheeks most of the time.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Glad to help, mamajack! I hear there's major things in common with you two...Gotta love that:-))

Moon, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy to oblige! I'll probably dig them up this weekend and send on Monday, if that's ok. I'll look at your trade list and let you know if there's anything I'm coveting. Actually, I pretty much covet all plants, lol.

And, tropicanna, you just let me know if you need any of my kniphofia--I'm happy to share!! :-)) Villaluna

Mistygardner - hehe I see you are having fun with the seeds I gave you a while back. (Lola) LOL. I just love it when folks spread and propogate plants we all love. lol

rebecca30

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Alright, well, since I started picking...lol

check this out, scroll down to Knifophia:
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/page59.html

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

You are on a roll tonight, T! I have the shining sceptre from there, too. Which new one are we getting this year, eh?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I like pumila tggfisk, it's so weird...cobra is sold out but I like that one, course the bleached blonde is cool, too

you're reminding me I need to get my order together...ahem! lol

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Ahem! The gift card....So true! I like cobra, too...Toffee Nosed might be nice, too. I'll bet rebecca has lola seeds around...ahem! Really....gotta hit the sack and sleep off this crud I've got. Lemme know what you decide, lol!

Snohomish, WA

I ordered canna tropicana, zantedeschia aethopica, and amorphophallus titanum from them. Should be here this week. They sent me there paper catalog, but most of the good stuff is on line. Real nice should have my plants this week!
Haven't heard from you yet Mama, watch out or Troppicana is going to get one from ya!

You bet I do. I still have some Lola seeds. That plant was a very prolfic seed producer. It paved they way for me to acquire other seeds. I hope to have success WinterSowing them this year. *crossing fingers as I plant the next batch of seeds this evening*

rebecca30

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

fingers crossed for you rebecca!

NWGordon....gosh, and I could have traded you all but the titanium ..lol...PDN is a good place to support thought when it fits the budget. Their catalog is a great reference for plants that grow in this zone

Snohomish, WA

I am just barely a zone ahead 8a, and I love their selection. It works great for me too. Lots of cool stuff for tropical and shade, my two favorites! Just got the Fedex email, and will be here on the 5th. Three plants and it weighs 4 pounds, so it looks like they should be good sized and hopefully alive!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Shame on me for rubbing it in Rebecca! HEE HEE HEE (2 e's just for mama!) LOL

Snohomish, WA

Tammy is there a link you ain't on? LOL Come on Mama! Dmail me!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.